Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first away game for a few years. Only booked the tickets because we've got friends staying with us who wanted to go to a PL game but am now as excited as I was a schoolboy watching my 1st game - I think it must be Beto-related.

Talking to some SU fans they all expect to go straight back down - despite my telling them that Tommy D is an embryonic Pirlo who just needs coaxing back to form - but they see this as one game they could win. If we start sloppily the crowd will get behind them and we'll struggle again so good first 20 mins - a goal would be nice - is important.

My first away game for a few years. Only booked the tickets because we've got friends staying with us who wanted to go to a PL game but am now as excited as I was a schoolboy watching my 1st game - I think it must be Beto-related.

Talking to some SU fans they all expect to go straight back down - despite my telling them that Tommy D is an embryonic Pirlo who just needs coaxing back to form - but they see this as one game they could win. If we start sloppily the crowd will get behind them and we'll struggle again so good first 20 mins - a goal would be nice - is important.
Wouldn't it just.

Need to win this
A fully fit first team with a few weeks to gel should demolish this lot but with Beto only being here a few days and McNeil and Harrison working to get back to fitness I’m worried.

Honestly I wish our first four fixtures had all been elite teams so we had a bit of time to gel our new attack before playing games we need to win.
Even if we lose this I don't see anything other than a slow rise up the table as players come back. We all know that some newly promoted sides start the season well, hence Sheffield United's performance against City. Personally I think that the addition of Beto to the squad is going to prove a massive boost as the season progresses - I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting ahead of a fit DCL come the end of the season. If nothing else I can see us ending the season with a plus GD for a change!

Mrs TT is going to make us a brunch and then come over to the Sidcup Rec with me to watch the match. We've got Sky Sports back after a trial with NOW (not worth the saving if you can't pause and rewind) but not BTNT or whatever it's called now. Still off alcohol during my recovery and welcome weight loss (20lb) but I'll let the excitement of watching the Blue Boys with a proper center forward act as the alcohol in my Heineken 0.0

COYFB!

Status
Not open for further replies.