Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A point is ok away from home, there all tough whoever you play.
Danjuma will be our ace, Beto didnt get much chance to show a lot.
We didnt create loads but neither did they.

I think only Coleman and one of Harrison/McNeil come in to our best 11 tbh. That’s pretty much it.
That's ok though, it leaves us with Danjuma + Harrison/McNeil plus Beto.

I'd personally be taking out Onana and Doucouré (Gueye won't be able, hence me not suggesting it) for one of McNeil/Danjuma as a number 10, and James Garner in CM.

Have to feel like massive missed opportunities though. We won't be playing Wolves, Fulham and Sheff United every week. I worry for this defence against more capable opposition. We seen what Villa did to us.
Definitely, but just have to play the cards we've been dealt. We've been absolutely horrible from the wide areas so far and having two natural wide players will make the world of difference. More than enough games left to finish 17th.

2-2 away against a team that only just lost to City and has since bought in a player in Archer who was probably MoM. Not going to be as hard a season as some are making out. The difference in footballing terms was massive here and by the time Sheffield United come to Goodison we'll be rubbing our hands together, rightly expecting to give them a dribbling.
Archer didnt touch the ball for 80 minutes and still managed to score 2 goals.

I would not say this was an easy fixture. Both teams fighting for survival, it was like a cup match. Will be easier games in the season against better teams then Sheffield.
You give me the unsure look...but its fact, there will be games that on the face of it look harder. But after the game we will have 3 points and it will be easier because the opposing team dont turn up.

I was happy enough with that. Stopped the rot of losing and going away is never easy and they had new players looking to make a good start and nearly turned over City away last week.

A great shift from Beto who has barely stepped off the plane. Branthwaite looks the real deal and we started to have some fluidity up front, if not end product. We still have players to come back and once things start to click, we’ll be a handful, particularly at Goodison.

Sheff United go down easily this season and we only got a point. Just can't see how we survive this season. All well playing decent but we aren't getting the results.

Should be winning that.

Danjuma very wasteful in that first half.
Awful defending for the goals.

A minor miracle to escape with a point after that ref display. 2 possibly 3 pens denied there.

Better 2nd half. Felt both fullbacks got zero cover and any switch of play was on for a 2v1.

Onana is a talent but looks like a poor man's Pogba rather than a budget Viera. Lazy.

Worried about us defensively rather than attack.

1 point from sheff utd wolves and fulham is a very poor return. At least today we scored a few and it now feels like the season has only started after being very under prepared for fulham and wolves.
we'll be down there all season but so will 4 or 5 others.

Am I being simple here, but I am sure the second line is the 1 metre away from wall that our players had to be - ref even pointed at the Everton player to make that point?
Yes, that is what the second line was for. It would have been better refereeing if he made the utd players actually stand behind the one he drew for them though, as Ashley Young was pointing out to him

…i thought we looked more solid 2nd half, maybe Gueye sitting noticeably deeper made the difference. Looks like our fortunes will be decided at home, so draws away might be ok.

Thought Branthwaite looked very good especially with that early booking hanging over him. Branthwaite my MoM.

You cant give a CB MOTM when you concede 2 goals.

Sorry Zat.

The whole spine is class.

Pickford
Branthwaite
Onana
Beto

Absolutely top quality every single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.