Should he be sacked

Should he be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 211 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 187 47.0%

• Total voters
Hopefully he’s gone by Sunday. Travelling every other week to watch the absolute garbage he sets us up to play is seriously draining! I think he’s in trouble - starting to call out players for individual errors, supporters for leaving early - can’t think too many people are Team Dyche at the moment. And all this “he’s working with awful players” might be right, but he is an (allegedly) elite coach, so surely he should be able to improve/adapt players and get them playing better and different types of football. 90 minutes of long ball and losing the second ball on repeat isn’t that. I can’t wait for him to be gone personally.
He's one of the highest paid managers in world football. Good or bad players his record is poor. Absolutely nobody in this league fears us, nobody.

The chaos off the field has been the luckiest break he's had in his career.

Should have been sacked last season after going nearly 4 months without a win. So people thinking that will happen a couple of weeks into the new season should dream on.
We have an owner who has no interest at all in what happens to our club. As soon as new owners are in Dyche and his backroom staff are history.

Some of his selections deserve him getting the sack but lets see if he can turn it around.
He deserves a chance but the missteps are increasing in number and he seems unable to learn.

Ashley Young is there supposedly for his experience yet his performances have been awful,
Last season: Wolves at home, LFC away stick in my mind. And we have a good young lad
in Roman who is fast and has to gain experience.

Then bringing on Holgate while losing at home, playing Keane who is kryptonite in terms of
results, playing Doucoure who is bang out of form. Also selecting DCL who clearly wants out.

He signs new players and then does not select them.

If he were to be sacket, it shouldve been done at the end of last season, so a new manager could get preseason with the squad. Doing it now, 3 games into the season, would be incredibly odd.
And who is going to make that decision? We effectively don't have a board or active owner, we are a listless ship. Hence, this thread being dumber than rocks

But you still came here to comment

So by you logic if we don’t win a league game till a takeover he should keep his job
Is that first line the unga Bunga version of grans when they say "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all!!"

We're two games in mate, wind it down a bit

Take a step back and look at situation throughly, Palace had a core group of decent and quick players. They have a stable ownership structure, their fans expectations are just to be a PL team. It kind of gives anyone coming in a free hit unless they are truly out of their depth (FdB).

We do not have the players to go at teams and dominate the possession, when that happens (Fulham and Wolves to name two at home last year) we don't take our chances, eventually run out of ideas and hope and more often than not take a sucker punch at the other end.

If I were an opposition manager with an iffy team, I would say let Everton have the ball and we'll play on the counter. Get a progressive manager who wants possession and that's what will happen.
A large portion of this is management. The only thing we don’t (or at this point maybe haven’t since we have signed in these areas) have is pace out wide.

So many potential managers wouldn't take the job just for the lucrative contract. For the history of the club,the support base.Blah blah blah.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back