Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way should we ever pander to this disgusting club ever again. The players were forced into sharing an open top bus with the RS in 1986 and loads of them felt uncomfortable, yet when Peter Reid refused to comply he gets called bitter and a sore loser. The last thing you want after losing out on 2 trophies is to go on a parade with the winners. But Everton got railroad into it.

Got to be potentially the most embarrassing moment in the clubs history that. I'd love to know whos idea it was, they obviously thought both clubs would win one of them!

If we as a club decide to do this, I will not take my seat until after kick off and would ask all Evertonians not to leave the concourse downstairs until the referee blows his whistle. I want 36000 empty seats.
Problem there is you will hear all of their chants. Also 36000 getting back in, in one go will take time.

Just looked at the list of GOT members who voted yes, and noticed quite a few known kopites straight away. Also, a lot of lurkers with no posting history. @rafasrant? Hmmm.

Apart from the fact that the already low percentage of people who voted yes would be even lower if only real Blues were included, rather than sad weirdos pretending to be, it shows that kopites really want us to do a GOH. That should be reason enough not to have one.

For supporters it is another chance to both points score and be hypocritical - there are few things football fans do better.

Given the chance fans will get angry seeing their team clapping another onto the pitch. When the shoe is on the other foot they go radge that the opposition are not paying their respects.

The guard of honour is nothing more than a silly little gimmick.

It may be said that Rangers' stance is of the petty variety, and let's face it there is a certain amount of truth - and humour - in it. But what is more cringeworthy is the need for a guard of honour.

It is not as if there are other ways in which the winning team and players are celebrated.

That is quite strong saying I don’t respect myself!!

many self respecting blue would not want to watch the Shiite win a trophy!!!!

I see my loyalty favoured by not watching my biggest rival win a trophy in my backyard and getting a load of dosh for the privilege as opposed to watching another home derby defeat whilst begrudgingly clapping the new prem winners.

which one are you?
I'll be there to support Everton as we aim for as high a finish in the table as possible and try to make Europa League qualification - anything else is purely incidental.

I didnt even care how we look. Any normal football fan would understand. It will only be made a issue in the red loving media. They made an issue of us all turning backs to YNWA.
I dont care, I'm old school, I was there when we signed Gary Lineker for the European Cup and then got banned. I was there when he left wanting European Football. I hate them, I'm glad I'm bitter. I hope they never win a game again

So you want to do this and you would be happy? I mean WOW - why am I even debating this you’ve clearly lost the plot.

Why do people insist on loading this into everything to do with this topic?

No, none of us are happy about it. It's not about that, it's about what's right, what's best for the club.

If we don't do it, we are giving them more ammo than if we do actually do it.

In any case, I don't think it's going to be a problem we have to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.