Should we have built the new stadium? Poll

Should we be building the new stadium?

• Yes - It had to be done

• No - This was not the time

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they be interested in a ground that’s smaller than theirs, when they’ve spent almost as much as BMD cost to redevelop their own ground? Let alone the fact the fans would be in absolute uproar at leaving Anfield?
Havent one of their contractors also recently gone into administration?

Sorry red shoite talk, slap on wrist for me!

I've never really understood the new stadium tbh. We're spending ~ £750 million in order to generate an extra £10 million per season, so won't even pay that investment back for another 75 years. It's madness.

Couple that with the fact that even after spending such a huge sum, we'll still be left with a stadium that has a lower capacity than practically all of the teams who we're trying to make up ground on.

It's not just for 10 million though. It could be more like 40 depending on stadium naming rights. It would have been upwards of 60 million difference in income had USM still been an option. Those were the figures they were working to when doing feasibility and design. At that point it was totally affordable but since we've lost our main sponsor and interest rates have gone from .25 to 5.25 (that's from the point the stadium broke ground in Dec 21). It just goes to show you there is never a right time as no one knows what is coming and if you play safe and wait we end up cut adrift like we have from the inaction of the previous 30 years.

We may only end up seeing a 10 million uplift, maybe less in actual money in our pockets after the yearly repayment anount of the stadium loan. But loans can be renegotiated and interest rates won't always be this high. Likewise it will cost more to build a stadium like this as the years go on, when it gets north of 1.5 billion we'll be looking at 750m and think we've got a bit of a bargain. Such is life and many people will have experienced that with their own mortgages, what was a struggle gets better over time.

It's not just for 10 million though. It could be more like 40 depending on stadium naming rights. It would have been upwards of 60 million difference in income had USM still been an option. Those were the figures they were working to when doing feasibility and design. At that point it was totally affordable but since we've lost our main sponsor and interest rates have gone from .25 to 5.25 (that's from the point the stadium broke ground in Dec 21). It just goes to show you there is never a right time as no one knows what is coming and if you play safe and wait we end up cut adrift like we have from the inaction of the previous 30 years.

We may only end up seeing a 10 million uplift, maybe less in actual money in our pockets after the yearly repayment anount of the stadium loan. But loans can be renegotiated and interest rates won't always be this high. Likewise it will cost more to build a stadium like this as the years go on, when it gets north of 1.5 billion we'll be looking at 750m and think we've got a bit of a bargain. Such is life and many people will have experienced that with their own mortgages, what was a struggle gets better over time.
Let's assume that the loan is a pretty low 1% interest over, say, 25 years. That would cost us ~ 100 million in interest payments, or £4 million per year, which has eaten up roughly half of the additional match-day income.

Compare that to West Ham, who get to keep all of the ticket revenue from the Olympic stadium while paying a few million in rent a year. That's a good deal. As is Man City getting a stadium essentially for free.

Let's assume that the loan is a pretty low 1% interest over, say, 25 years. That would cost us ~ 100 million in interest payments, or £4 million per year, which has eaten up roughly half of the additional match-day income.

Compare that to West Ham, who get to keep all of the ticket revenue from the Olympic stadium while paying a few million in rent a year. That's a good deal. As is Man City getting a stadium essentially for free.

Where are you getting the 10 million more in matchday income from? Sources say we will get that kind of uplift just from the premium section alone, before you add in the 13k extra to be sold at GA ticket pricing (about 13 million per season) and then all the extra we should get with people spending more at that stadium.

That's all before you add the yearly naming rights fee and the stadium tours and the events that will be held at the new place.

I made the comment that hindsight is a wonderful thing.

When we commenced building of the stadium it was being funded by Usmanov, he was funnelling money in everywhere you looked, “exclusive rights to name rights”, “USM Finch Farm”, USM plastered all over the stadium, Megafon on trainingwear.

Everything in front of you suggested Usmanov was involved.

What we didn’t anticipate was Russia starting their war with Ukraine and a spate of Russians being Indicted and having their assets frozen and the impact it would have on Everton directly.

The stadium NEEDED to happen make no mistake. I guess it’s unfortunate for us for the war on Ukraine to happen whilst we’re approximately 20% through the build, the subsequent cost of living crisis causing every thing to soar in price and the fella who owns a metal company in Russia to not be able to provide any form of goods he’d have been able to. Stadium costs have nearly double since then.

Quite rightly what I said was refuted by another poster, but obviously still comes down to timing.

The war with Ukraine May we’ll have been. Inevitable to some. But our big problem is we got in bed with Russians who knew full well what was to come.

The stadium needed to happen but the whole sequence of events leading to tue current day have been disaster after disaster.

Where are you getting the 10 million more in matchday income from? Sources say we will get that kind of uplift just from the premium section alone, before you add in the 13k extra to be sold at GA ticket pricing (about 13 million per season) and then all the extra we should get with people spending more at that stadium.

That's all before you add the yearly naming rights fee and the stadium tours and the events that will be held at the new place.
Current match day revenue is about that and hasn't changed over the last decade. When the project was launched that was the estimated extra revenue the stadium would bring.

I'm not sure I'd trust this mob with spending £750 million wisely on a stadium any more than I would on the team. I mean the costs have ballooned by £250 million.
Not sure I’d trust this mob with spending £750 wisely - never mind £750 million!
This shower, the owner and board have turned this football club into a laughing stock, and provided an object lesson into how not to run a football club over the last seven years!
People can blame the sanctions on Uzmanov, but even before then virtually every footballing decision just went from bad to worse and then even worse!
It’s an absolute scandal what they have done to Everton Football Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.