Show us your fridge

Sorry I meant Alan Tithead .... his real name Alan Titmarsh - I used to go into my office with a top Horticulturist like myself & rip them to bits after their show ....
I met the late great Geoff Hamilton in Liverpool in a seminar about peat free compost, where I gave an hour's lecture - He was a proper horticulturist - Monty Don another fraudster started off as a farmer then a jewellery maker with his wife - his jewellery now sells on eBay for a fortune - they had to pack in making it at the time as it did not sell .....

I watch him to pick it to bits TBH .....

Last edited:
Didn’t know you were into sex stuff Joey.
I was the pioneer main grower in growing in peat free compost - that lecture I was asked to give was in a large technical college - just past Liverpool cricket club ground in the mid 1990s - I sat on his table over lunch with top Horticulturist from all over - he was a true parks trained horticulturist -a shame he died so young TBH -

Officers from the Liverpool corporation were so pleased to see me as I was far too busy to go further a field - as that was the biggest conference on using Peat free compost - I produced with my staff over one & 1/2 million plants per year - we sold to the public fetching in 2/3rds of the nursery council budget ....£88 thousand income on plant sales started with my business plan .... to see off council competitive tendering bought in by Thatcher - we beat privatisation in doing this ....

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back