Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're saying we're not a big club dave?

don't think we have a weak squad either btw, just agree with the 2nd part fo your post that it's been decimeated by injury, think we have adequate players as backup for pretty much every position bar centre mid myself.

it's just they're all injured.

If you don't have adequate cover for midfield then that's a weak squad by definition. Midfield is the most important area of the pitch.

Thing is, people just want to see an expensive signing, irrespective of who it is, or whether he's any good. I'd rather sign no one and save money for the summer rather than spend money on some overpriced player who everyone faps about just because he is a new signing and has an exotic name. However, if Roberto does sign anyone for actual money, then I'll be confident he's decent.

I want us to get a decent back-up midfielder for when one of McCarthy or Barry are out injured or suspended. Doesn't have to be an expensive player, could even be a foreign loan, we clearly need a temporary replacement for Gibson though as Osman isn't good enough to start in centre midfield.

If you don't have adequate cover for midfield then that's a weak squad by definition. Midfield is the most important area of the pitch.

you can't base a squad on 1/2 positions. apart from liverpool, this game is usually a squad game, we have good backup imo for the other 9 positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back