Simpsons appreciation thread

some of my favourite gifs are simpsons gifs

homer-simpson-im-out.gif

I don't think I'll ever stop laughing at this to be fair.

The Simpsons as a show is fairly poor these days but for a golden period it was the absolute peak of television.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in my generation who not only knows lines but practically whole episodes and seasons off by heart.

Even if I don't say a Simpson's line every day I can pretty much guarantee that a situation or conversation will spark something in my mind relating to a Simpson's joke.

If they had done what Gervais does and finished the show on a high at it's peak it would be considered a masterpiece. Understandably perhaps the studio and others wouldn't allow that to happen but the later years shouldn't overshadow what it once was.

Last edited:
Was never massively into it and always preferred Futurama as a kid but I’ve watched a few from “the golden era” of late and it’s certainly very good and immensely clever. It’s had it’s time now of course.

I still think King of the Hill is the most underrated cartoon

Just a couple of moments that always come to mind for me:

Homer: This will teach you, you stupid chair.... AAAAGH! I'M ON FIRE

Marine: Anything for an ex marine!
Homer: Semper fudge
Marine: Err, did you just say semper fudge?
Homer: Nooo, I said the right thing

Homer: English instructions covered in cement, must use French....... la grille? What he heck is that supposed to mean?

Homer: Who wants me to drive through the cactus patch?
Bart: Yeah!
Lisa: Yeah!
Sideshow Bob: No!
Homer: Huh, 2 against 1

Special mention to the fade to black of Sideshow Bob reapeatedlly stepping on rakes. I'll still be chuckling to the Thwack sound, followed by his groans on my death bed

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back