Sir Philip Carter, R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.I.P a true Evertonian. Respect to the man. We will always be grateful for his service and successes.

I hope his passing is properly acknowledged on a national level.

He was the main man, the point figure for all of the club's breaking away from the Football League to form the Premier League.

Without him driving it, the Premier League may not have come to exist.

He was an excellent football administrator and the very definition of a safe pair of hands for our club, on multiple occasions.

I've bumped into him at service stations on the way to away games and he's always said hello and acknowledged the EFC fans there. He was very posh and wealthy (individually, not 'football-owner rich') but he never seemed aloof.

RIP.

Last edited:

Sad news indeed.

Strange to think now that he was a prime move behind the creation of the Premier League in 1992 as we were still considered one of the 'big 5', and there was no Chelsea or Man City in that club!

Grew up in the 80's, so Sir Phillip would be the first Everton chairman I can remember. Always came across as a good man. RIP

It says he helped steady the ship after the Johnson Era. That alone deserves respect, we all feared what might of been during those dark days.
Seemed to have Everton at heart.

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.