Sliding Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well…

There's something missing from that story. So he sits down with Moshiri, has the meeting, Carlo sacked that night and we offer Carlo th job, Moyes hears nothing the next day.

Did they not offer him the job during the meeting? Or did they and he asked to think about it overnight?

There's something missing from that story. So he sits down with Moshiri, has the meeting, Carlo sacked that night and we offer Carlo th job, Moyes hears nothing the next day.

Did they not offer him the job during the meeting? Or did they and he asked to think about it overnight?
He says it was done, so it sounds like he was just waiting to sign the paperwork and we didn’t bother to even inform him of the change of plans! Very classy.

He's an absolute embarrassment

Kenwright is the biggest s**t stain in this clubs once proud history.

Moshiri is the biggest embarrassment, overseeing the kind of demise that if it was another club, you'd have died from pissing yourself laughing to death.
Embarrassment is the word. Everything about that clip just reflects so badly on us as a club. The way they treated Moyes, the way their heads were so quickly turned from their decided plan by ooooooh a fancy name, the fact Moyes can't even name one of the people in the room for fear of legal repercussions on the club.

Get that utter plonker and his mate fired directly into the sun.

Hardly anybody wanted Moyes back, and certainly nobody wanted him over Ancelotti. Blaming that one on Moshiri just isn't fair, imagine how up in arms we'd have all been. Moyesy instead of a multi-time CL winner. Getting Carlo was one of the only things this regime actually did that was impressive, they just didn't come through with their promises to him so he got off. Don't blame him now that we know those details.

I've never been in favour of Moyes returning tbh. Granted he'd have certainly have done better than Benitez or Lampard, and I didn't believe he was washed up as a manager like many did, but the club and fanbase (Kenwright aside) had moved on from him emotionally. Nobody would have put up with his dour and somewhat arrogant demeanour anymore. His final few seasons were largely very good on the pitch but it can't be denied his attitude towards the fanbase was often insufferable. And his constant bottling of big games and cowardly tactics. Phil Neville in CM anyone?

Pleased for him that he rebuilt his career at West Ham and finally won a trophy but let's not pretend not getting him was a sliding doors moment. Even with him Moshiri would have been still bringing in all Kia's crabs and Putin still would have invaded Ukraine.

I’d like to thank Kenwright and Moshiri for providing endless boss weekends for the RS while there fans laugh unstoppably at Evertons sotuation, no bigger reds than these two clowns

We got ancelloti instead lol if it was moyes or benitez fair enough
Everyone on here was kicking off royally when it looked like Moyes was coming back. One of the journo’s got a shitton of flack for suggesting Moyes was the best we could hope for.

Moshiri is still a clueless knob, but hiring Anclelotti was probably one of the only highs we’ve experienced in about a decade.

Some have short memories, Moyes is all about himself, always hass been always will be, he was here before left as soon as another club came calling then wanted Baines & Fellani for peanuts, called the Everton fans disgraceful.
Then turns around at the end of that interview and says he made the best choice.

Sorry David but it's Carlo every time for me and although he was here a short time he did more than you have ever done and that is beating the shower across the park at their place.

This had Bill all over it, then Moshiri wanted Carlo, to me it's one thing he did right.

Also the timing of this stinks, as it is Moyes sticking the boot in again when we are feeling down

Status
Not open for further replies.