Sligo Rovers v Everton, Friday 19th July, 4pm

Cheers mate. Might take the trip up and chance it if I don't get anything beforehand. My type of currency, notes to liquor 🤣
Like gold dust, best bet get down to the ground early. Loads of locals apparently got an early sale of up to ten, before the online portal was opened!
They might part with one early doors. Although many sligo season ticket holders didnt get the option to buy one. Got onto many league of Ireland connections and basically no joy. I had to get back to a friend in Killybegs to magic me one - to be sure, to be sure

Who the hell plays a friendly on a Friday at 4PM? When the fixture was announced I assumed it would be a Saturday or at worst 7.30PM on Friday. Screws up those of us not local.
I suspect they didn't want it at a too convenient time simply to suppress demand and potential crowd issues (ticketless fans etc) 🤷‍♂️ Most likely reason though is logistics around plane travel for the team.

I suspect they didn't want it at a too convenient time simply to suppress demand and potential crowd issues (ticketless fans etc) 🤷‍♂️ Most likely reason though is logistics around plane travel for the team.
It sold out within 24 hours. Capacity is under 4000 seated - don't know if they will have any standing area.

1000013054.webp

UTFT

Who the hell plays a friendly on a Friday at 4PM? When the fixture was announced I assumed it would be a Saturday or at worst 7.30PM on Friday. Screws up those of us not local.
FAI cup games are on tonight so they probably don`t want to clash with the KO times. Sligo need to have FAI go ahead for friendly game so they wouldn`t allow it to clash.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back