Southampton 0-0 Everton. 21st Jan @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen us be so wasteful with the ball. The one and only stand out player was Vic. Thought he played really well. I hope he gets some game time soon. Jelavic has been very poor lately, seems to have forgotten how to kick a ball.

Summary:

Southampton set up to frustrate our left side and press hard on Neville and Ossie, looking to hit us on the counter if successful in winning the ball. David did not adapt to this tactic, other than to pull Felli back into CM. Jela hauled off for not burying one of the only two chances he got, despite Naismith and Pienaar failing to create anything more for him to latch on to.

Positives:

Neville can play RB well enough; Mirallas finished a game on his feet; we didn't lose.

Negatives: We play longball even when we have a fast, threatening dribbler on the field; lack of assertive physicality.

Horrible performance from so many players.

Big wake up call to people who thought we might finish 4th, the ****e will finish above us, and everyone has said it's they're worst side in years.

Lucky to get a point really. From a run of around 18 games where both teams have scored, we've now had two nil-nil draws. Odd.

I think for the time being we need to forget about looking up the league and look down it until we string a few results together, otherwise we're being unrealistic. It wouldn't be hard for this side to finish 7th if this is setting the tone for the second half of the season. The Bolton game will be an important one for getting Mirallas up to speed. He was way off tonight, but that's to be expected. There are very small positives to take, but overall, that game was an embarrassment. We really needed to win that.

Woeful performance. We just can't play well against the lesser teams, we get drawn into a crap game rather than playing like we know we can. We play up to the good teams and down to the worse teams. Infuriating!!!

Positives from Saints game tonight

We are a negative bunch on here and I know that was a dreadful and atrocious showing from our players. I hope that Moyes makes them pay for that performance. i feel sorry for the fans who travelled all that way to be served that pile of steaming excrement.

But...... There were a few positives from tonight's game (have to think of them to stop me slowly drinking myself to death with bleach)

1. We didn't lose despite the performance - only god knows how
  2. Kevin Mirallas got game time and looked ok
  3. Big Vic showed for 10 minutes that he can play
  4. Surely, we can't play that bad again

Feel free to rant hereafter.......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back