Match Thread Southampton v Everton. 15th Aug at 12.45.

How worried are you?

• Dead worried

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • Pissed off like

Votes: 134 27.5%
  • Not that arsed

Votes: 51 10.5%
  • I'm a grown adult

Votes: 104 21.3%
  • Shakiri is a pipe little hobbit

Votes: 92 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a different note, I dont watch Southampton much, but some things I learnt.

Tadic is proper tosh
Wyanamamamama is a beast
Shane Long is really bad
Pelle is decent

I have no idea how much he'd cost but as someone who's been actively asking for us to play a 4/4/2 with a flexible diamond in midfield I'd break the bank for Pelle....I'd give 15 mill now if we've got it altho 'd expect he'd cost more.

He's a very, very tidy player who's be great next to Rom.

We'll be lucky to get a draw.

We'll be lucky if we get our pants pulled down whipped, thrashed and bummed!

I love it when we play without any width at all

Hoddle and Wright just exposed Martinez tactics, but it was nothing we haven't all summed up 8 months ago.

Said Lukaku being wasted playing him with his back to goal, he needs the ball played infront of him, spot on Hoddle.

Said we need to get the fullbacks bombing on again and cut out the slow passing build up, it's ok keeping the ball, just move it quicker front to back, spot on again.

There's gonna be nothing down the left hahah

team no wingers

No wingers, which is even worse without Baines or Oviedo. Don't understand the line-up. There will be a clog in the middle.

I will reserve my judgment until after we've lost.

I am quietly confident we will stink the place out today.
3-0 Southampton

Hope Im wrong like

Delo and Mirallas off the bench when we're down 3-0 at half time.

Alright, that.

Martinez has learnt absolutely nothing, he won't be manager next season that is for sure.

All he needs to do is buddy up the flanks, fullbacks bombing on with proper Wingers working with them, the rest will take care of itself, width exposes teams, getting the ball out wide pulls the opposition apart to create space in the middle.

It's how we have played our best football under Moyes's last 3 seasons and Martinez's first.

Martinez is never going to go back to that, and for me that means he'll not be here for much longer.

Should be sacked for that lineup after all that happened last season

Getting on the beers now to ease the pain after seeing that lineup... Taking the expect the worst, anything better is a bonus approach to this one

We will play utter rubbish and somehow manage to snatch a point, and it will be more depressing than if we gave a good account of ourselves and lost.

No wingers. Great.
Have a feeling he'll change things late when we're chasing the game. Spanish spoofer.

Gonna go get lunch and then watch us get hammered by Southampton.

Alright being an Everton supporter, aye.

3 centre backs, 4 centre mids, 2 centre forwards and a fullback, nope can't see a problem with that.
Lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back