Speeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
targeting the more egregious drivers (eg boy racers) is not a bad thing. Unfortunately Eggs, I suspect your joe-average citizen doing 55 in a 50 zone is going to cop most of this (that's how it works in NZ anyway)*

*every copper I come across or hear on the telly has recently emigrated from England. I reckon there's more pommie cops in NZ than kiwi ones.
All the Kiwi ones are here in Australia!

This guy sounds like a right bumsniff.

Fair to say there's plenty of people out there who need to chill their speed though.

Laughing at the holier than though people saying they’re all for it.

People will just drive way under the speed limit to be safe, which will understandably emerge the people and in turn cause accidents.

I’d be more up for people getting penalised for hogging the fast lane and won’t move out the way no matter how many times you flash/beep them.

Privatizing the roads is the answer. You don't behave like a tit in someone else's house or office or coach or swimming pool because the owners will ensure you're unlikely to be able to return if they do.

YEah, I know. I'm a Tory blert.

35 yrs driving
Never got a ticket or a warning
2 parking tickets when I was always in sight of the car.
Speed limits are not targets to be hit , they are limits to stay under
And I fully agree with the previous poster about the standard of driving

I’ve heard that ol’ chestnut about it being dangerous to watch the speedometer instead of the road ahead, many times before.

But this was something we all managed successfully, and under examination,when we passed our driving tests.

The truth is, it’s far easier just to follow our bonnets and think about which side sam is likely to field against Arsenal, or just get to where we’re going more quickly than drive according to the Highway Code and the law of the land.

Remember: burglars rarely kill; speeding vehicles take lives unnecessarily every day.

Speaking as someone who is waiting for a notice of intended prosecution after being snapped doing about 36 in a 30 limit, there's only one person to blame and that's me, the driver.
Anyone doing 35 and over should take their medicine and pipe down. Obviously the respective other speed limits apply also.

Been driving for 30 years and had never been done for speeding, am a decent driver never had a crash just 'keep up with the traffic' so yes go marginally over from time to time. However been done twice in the past 12 months for doing 35 in an empty road 30 zone so six points. This does my head in as I'm always getting overtaken and see disgraceful driving regularly by the audi and bmw types that the police never seem to see. Police defo seeing an easy cash cow of drivers doing very little wrong but 'easy' to stop and fine.

Been driving for 30 years and had never been done for speeding, am a decent driver never had a crash just 'keep up with the traffic' so yes go marginally over from time to time. However been done twice in the past 12 months for doing 35 in an empty road 30 zone so six points. This does my head in as I'm always getting overtaken and see disgraceful driving regularly by the audi and bmw types that the police never seem to see. Police defo seeing an easy cash cow of drivers doing very little wrong but 'easy' to stop and fine.
I know what you mean mate I don't drive fast but keep getting done for stupid speeds 34 in a 30 is the latest.
I am shortly going for my 3rd drivers awareness course which doesnt sound great I know so I think l will start driving with the handbrake on.

This is more like it, complete Thatcherite Libertarianism. Rip up the highway code, abolish all speed limits, and it's everyone for themselves.

I drive an Audi and have never been snapped so that backs up your suspicion. I always try not to categorise my driving as someone will undoubtedly take me to task for it, but all I will say is that driving has played a massive part of my working life driving countless thousands of miles, so armed with the knowledge my mortgage payments depended on me having an income, I have driven sensibly, if not perfectly.
As they say in such circumstances, it is an occupational hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back