Sporting 3-0 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
The second to last game from el mes de la muerte is the conclusion of our tie with Sporting in Lisbon, one which we were looking forward to until Rodwell (who's now ace) back passed...anyway, you remember it.

It's our second trip to Lisbon - or the third trip for micknick - this season and we'll be keen to avoid the horror show that occurred when we took on their city rivals back when we were [Poor language removed].

One thing which stood out on the first leg was how out of form Sporting were, Everton troubled them fairly easily and on another night the tie would have been out of sight. They could point to a couple of occasions where they went very close though and when they played that one touch football thing we never looked entirely comfortable. I think were pretty much expecting a strong opening spell of the game at the Estadio Jose Alvalade which won't be helped by yet another defensive pairing this season. If only Atletico were knocked out of the competition.
We might have the opportunity to do that next round but for this one we will all settle a little easier if we grab a goal to avoid the away goal scenario which is a potent force for Sporting to take into the tie.

Fresh from a really wonderful win on Saturday we are going to be taking some confidence into this game and it's going to require some big performances in Lisbon to put us through. From the team on Saturday we will be missing Heitinga and Distin, it also looks a game too soon for Cahill which will likely involve the midfield and attack remaining the same. Senderos is carrying a knock so it could be anyone from Yobo/Senderos/Rodwell/Neville in the centre.

You're probably still buzzing reading this, I am, and most of our fellow blues are considering us to push on for a Euro place next season which would be great. But essentially were qualifying to have a chance in the games like this one coming up and with us looking like a decent team for the rest of the season it would be great to put these away and rock the old lady on future Euro nights under the floodlights to come.

It's over to you Everton.

Hoping for 5 out of 5 here.

We may of played well today but i reckon we'll be too over confident and play a 3-2-7 formation and after missing 17 good chances in the first half concede a crappy goal Howard suffers an outburst when throwing the ball out and it goes in out own net.

1-0 Sporting.

We will win. Im anticipating a comfortable win in the end although, possibly a shaky start because they will be up for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EvertonBenderSig.jpg

A draw and through to the next round whichever side DM puts on the pitch. To be honest, such is the confidence in the team and at the club, I can't see who's gonna beat as at the moment - certainly no team in the Prem and certainly not Sporting (y)

Sporting continued thier woefull form in the league by drawing 0-0 with Olhaonense who are 4 th from bottom in the Portuguese league whilst we beat last years champions .We should win and I think we will We need to score If we score game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back