Newcastle United (Fun88)6.5
Watford (Sportsbet.io)6.5
Aston Villa (W88)6
AFC Bournemouth (M88)5
Leicester City (King Power)4
Sheffield United (USG)3.5
Norwich City (Dafabet)3
Brighton (American Express)1.

Looking at the above table - USM sponsering us for say £15-20 million wouldnt be enough for the authorities to look into us neither would it bridge the gap massively between us and the top 6 but it would certainly create a gap between us and the rest of the league which needs to be the aim.

Add in the future naming rights deal for BMD at say £20-25 million a year which the teams outside the top 6 wont have - the aim has to be making us into a top 7 where financially we are not as powerful as the 6 cartel but much stronger than the rest of the league and hopefully a few seasons in europe / odd CL qualification hopefully would see us slowly bridge the gap with the big 6 in which USM can slowly increase sponserships over time to reflect our growth on the pitch.
I would put us at 40 m a year
Level with Chelsea and below city and united
Fair market value and all that

No offence to any of the lads who have a financial background and who post on profit and loss FFPand amortisation of player values etc , but how many of you seen the 30n for the option to bid coming from left field
No one did.
If there is a need identified for a particular player then the funds will be made available.
A 3 yr naming right deal for Goodison ??
Carlo has said they will be buying good young players to turn them into great players but if money is needed I’m sure it will be found somehow
Carlo did not come here on the promise of a sell to buy transfer kitty
We don’t want half our players , what makes you think other clubs that could afford them do
As I was saying yesterday at 1,51 pm

Wait for planning permission and finance to be approved for BMD and then we can justify the inflated sponsorship valuation, we could push for £30m.

If the sponsor is Usmanov associated or not they could justify the valuation with the world class dock stadium on the horizon ambitious and fighting for Europe etc.
I'd say there will be no announcement until the season is over and they know if we'll be in Europe or not, 30 million with no Europe possibly 40 with Europa league.

Make it so #1

unnamed.webp

I've heard that Bob Elstone's last move was that once Sportspesa ended we were going to advertise Kitbag on our shirts. This will only cost the club 8m a year for 50 years.

Bob described it as a great deal.

I've heard that Bob Elstone's last move was that once Sportspesa ended we were going to advertise Kitbag on our shirts. This will only cost the club 8m a year for 50 years.

Bob described it as a great deal.

For his birthday my dad once took my brother (little oddball that he is) on the Old Trafford tour sometime in the mid 90s. They tried to tell us that United were actually paying Umbro 70 quid per shirt for the players kit. I recall my father laughing out loud at this point.

Don’t get this “Sportpesa looked bad on shirts”.

Don’t suppose you’ve seen Leovegas on Brentford or Norwich last year? LaBet on Burnley’s shirt?

One had a roulette wheel on it ffs :lol:

Just don’t think they were as bad as made out, especially if they helped us with inroads to Africa. They probably didn’t mind :lol: but would be nice to either get USM or Megafon on the shirt or a bigger global brand.

But again, Sportpesa were not even that bad, but if we want to bend the rules and get a USM related £25m then let’s go!

Ever since Sportspesa became our shirt sponsor me and my lad have stopped watching us play. My lad wasn’t happy at first but after educating him a little bit on the perils of gambling he stood silent for a few moments before looking up at me, his eyes full of tears he said in a trembling voice;

“But Dad, why would the people’s club partner with such an abhorrent organisation that is partially responsible for ruining so many lives?” He just couldn’t get his little head around it, and damn it, neither could I.

“I don’t know son, I just don’t know”

He was jubilant last night when he saw the news. I have raised him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back