Stanley Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
in relation to Everton Football Club ?
or employees at his other businesses ?

people who worked for jjb when whelan owned it reckon he is one as well, Wigan seem to have done well out of him though.
for anyone to become so succesfull in a business thay have to be a bit of one, the nice guy doesn't get anywhere.

"tread on and never be trodden on"

given the wealth that moores amassed i would imagine he crumpled a few corns on his way up the ladder.

I'm mostly going on his biography written by his own neice, Barbara Clegg. She depicts him as a bit of a tyrant in his own family. She also revealed how he distrusted Roman Catholics, blocking their way up the career ladder at Littlewoods and that he was an all round bigot. Which doesn't surprise me given he was once a councillor in the Liverpool Conservative-Unionist party.

Not a nice man I think it's fair to say.

i want us to build a shared stadium.

makes sense

Shared Stadium > Kirkby

For me anyway...

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't have considered it a few years ago, but now it's a far more attractive option than moving to Kirkby.

There would be no two ways about it, we'd be guaranteed a true world-class venue this way. It happens in other cities across the world, why not Liverpool?

I can only see one major downside to this idea, the rest is all postive.

We are bound to have increased revenue, which is what a new stadium is primarily about.

It would be world-class, iconic, one of THE most impressive in the game, and it would be partly ours.

Shared stadium is the best thing for both of us, we both get a huge stadium, close to our old 1s, we share the costs, the council would throw money at it, Euro Funding, Lottery money, naming rights, World Cup games, concerts, it would be ideal, so what we share with them, so what they get bigger attendances than us, they do anyway.

I cant see 1 bad reason for doing it myself.

an iconic 60,000+ seater stadium
historic location ..INBETWEEN the 2 original grounds.
I would have all the seats Purple.
It would be in the world cup 2018 (if we get it)
Works for the milan clubs
Would boost the status of our club worldwide

You cant re-create or make something better than goodison so leave it be... start something new

Quite true, at the moment - but there's no guarantee that rs will be the more successful club in the long run. The ground will be associated primarily with whichever club has the highest profile & that will be based on the level of success on the field. If we're not ambitious enought to believe the club can be successful, then any new stadium is a waste of money.

Agreed, with all of this.

Re Dennis Stevens: pos rep coming your way.(y)

The moores family have links with both clubs and a stadium could be built by them that belongs to neither club, it could bear the name stanley park or moores field or something like that, goodison rd could be extended up to our end of the stadium , analfield rd to theirs. with a new area that is close to the stadium built around it, replicating the tight st's that surround both grounds, that way we dont feel like we are out in some retail area or bit of waste ground.

parking wouldnt be any more of a prob than it is now in fact because of the location between the 2 stadiums would probably mean that we would use places that they now use and they use ones that we do.
the present stadiums would stay under the ownership of the clubs, for using for reserve games , concerts etc etc

either that or lady grantchester buys us outright, builds us a ground and lends bill and bully the money to run the shoite into the ground.

& i just know which option most will go for:lol:[/QUOTE]

Reidy I like your thinking on this, well done. (The quote thing did not work out the above is from Reidy's post)

I'm mostly going on his biography written by his own neice, Barbara Clegg. She depicts him as a bit of a tyrant in his own family. She also revealed how he distrusted Roman Catholics, blocking their way up the career ladder at Littlewoods and that he was an all round bigot. Which doesn't surprise me given he was once a councillor in the Liverpool Conservative-Unionist party.

Not a nice man I think it's fair to say.
I was on the east Lancs rd heading to Manc land for a big match,I broke down my mates and I in utter despair could see the match over with out us seeing a ball kicked.step in Mr Moores he not only gave us a lift to the game made sure we cold get home and had tickets so he seemed OK to me(y)

I was on the east Lancs rd heading to Manc land for a big match,I broke down my mates and I in utter despair could see the match over with out us seeing a ball kicked.step in Mr Moores he not only gave us a lift to the game made sure we cold get home and had tickets so he seemed OK to me(y)

He wouldn't give you a job with that name though Coyney. (y)

Nor you with that miserable mug!!!!:lol::P

My cat modelled his gob on his. :lol:

thumb_hof_sirjohnmoores.jpg

I think you should change your avatar Dave lerd. It gives people the right impression.

:lol:

Funnily enough, I was thinking of changing it for this:

politicsmargaretthatche.th.jpg

Pure Evil

Along with the Maradona pic of him facing all those Belgian players, this is my favourite footy pic.

It's so good. Five of the most evil creatures to ever crawl out from under a rock. Two of them from Kirkby too.

<runs>

shared stadium - With them fukkin rats.......

Id rather eat [Poor language removed] an die!!!!!!

THIS .

I would rather eat rat turds non stop for a week . I cannot believe that some of your are advocating this horrible horrible idea . I absolutely fcuking cannot believe it . WTF(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back