Starting XI for the derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes looks like he's reverting to type now the pressure is on.

I imagine he's looking for 11 defenders and rehearsing "the ref was pathetic" speech as all 11 get sent off for sh1tting their pants.

Moyes looks like he's reverting to type now the pressure is on.

I imagine he's looking for 11 defenders and rehearsing "the ref was pathetic" speech as all 11 get sent off for sh1tting their pants.

What? How?

Anyway. This is what i would play...

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines
Gibson Osman
Coleman Fellaini Mirallas
Jelavic

They'll presumably line up something like:

__________Reina
Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson
__________Allen
____Gerrard ____Sahin
Sterling _____________Suso
__________Saurez

Defensively I think that Gerrard, Sahin and Allen would take Neville and Osman to the cleaners. Baines will probably not want to get forward so much in case he left Sterling with too much space and Suso could give Coleman or the rusty Hibbert problems. I'd personally want to go man for man on Gerrard. If Heitinga can keep his head and mark their captain out of the game we could nullify them.

I'd probably put Mirallas up against Johnson because he can be a bit rash with his tackling if someone is causing him problems. On the other side Vic could bully Wisdom into mistakes and open the door for Baines. Ossie in the hole would hopefully get under the feet of their big centrebacks and win us some soft freekicks around the box.

So, I'd go for..

___________Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
_______Neville Heitinga
Mirallas ____Osman __Anichebe
___________Jelavic

few reds in work seem to think Shelvey will play instead of Sahin and expect a surprise with possibly Enrique left wing for Suso.

They'll presumably line up something like:

__________Reina
Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson
__________Allen
____Gerrard ____Sahin
Sterling _____________Suso
__________Saurez

Defensively I think that Gerrard, Sahin and Allen would take Neville and Osman to the cleaners. Baines will probably not want to get forward so much in case he left Sterling with too much space and Suso could give Coleman or the rusty Hibbert problems. I'd personally want to go man for man on Gerrard. If Heitinga can keep his head and mark their captain out of the game we could nullify them.

I'd probably put Mirallas up against Johnson because he can be a bit rash with his tackling if someone is causing him problems. On the other side Vic could bully Wisdom into mistakes and open the door for Baines. Ossie in the hole would hopefully get under the feet of their big centrebacks and win us some soft freekicks around the box.

So, I'd go for..

___________Howard
_______Neville Heitinga
Mirallas ____Osman __Anichebe
___________Jelavic

If the 2 teams do line up like that we will get snotted, no doubt about it

Id go for

Howard

Neville Jags Distin Baines

Coleman Osman Gibson Mirallas

Felli

Jela

But it seems as though 2 of them will not make it so I expect we will be tonked and endure the worst week of Liverpool lovin we have had to endure since Dalglish took back over

__________Howard__________
Naismith Osman Gibson Mirallas
__________Fellaini__________
__________Jelavic__________

few reds in work seem to think Shelvey will play instead of Sahin and expect a surprise with possibly Enrique left wing for Suso.

Was Shelvey banned? I think the team that Rodgers has been putting out is what he regards as his strongest and I don't think he has a lot of faith in his squad. I've been more impressed with the glimpses that I've seen of Suso than Sterling. He looks like one of those players let go by the Spanish giants at an early age like Fabregas or Arteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.