Statement Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as the obvious ones, I also thought Andy Johnson with his stupidly quick pace would push us forwards
Tbf... if he got even 10% of the legit penalties he should of had that year where we got our first and only penalty at the end of the season, it could of been a superb campaign.

Responsible for one of my most drunken nights ever after that Derby as well.

Kanchelskis for me. He was legitimately one of the best in the world in his position when he arrived.

Barmby and Speed felt big, too.

At the opposite end of the scale, Walter's slew of desperation signings were damning statements that highlighted the ever-worsening malaise at the club. Ginola, Gascoigne and to a lesser extent Blomqvist.

Lukaku, not so much that he was a world class star, basically the way we seemed to have 'stole' it at the last minute.

In terms of stature, nothing will even come close to Sammy Eto'o, it honestly took me two days after reading the story to actually realise he had already signed. Running around the house singing you signed lambert, we signed Sammy eto'oooo.

Still won't forget that route one goal against Arsenal though. Just rewatched it and even though they were a solid unit for the time the backline of Valente Weir Ferrari(Stubbs) Hibbert made me physically recoil.

he scored some very nice goals for us, I dont think he was a "bad" player at all, but he is the last person you would want to be leading the line up front on his own.

Were you thinking of Alec Cleland as the 3rd of the Scots.

No, I think Alec came in the 90s.

I think I have a mistaken notion that John Spencer might have been the non-existent third member of what I now know to have been a non-triumvirate.

Latch is the first one I remember, then Lineker and Kanchelskis.

Lukaku was a lot of money, but we'd tried him out for a year which lessened the impact a bit for me.

I remember as a teenager getting very excited about us signing Martin Dobson though. 300k was a hell of a lot of money back then.

Latch is the first one I remember, then Lineker and Kanchelskis.

Lukaku was a lot of money, but we'd tried him out for a year which lessened the impact a bit for me.

I remember as a teenager getting very excited about us signing Martin Dobson though. 300k was a hell of a lot of money back then.
Martin Dobson was such a fantastic player, we'd purr along with him in the team and 25

Secure Lukaku atleast for one more year (i doubt this will happend) and Give HOLGATE and DAVIES....and ROSS too long good contrats then we are talking. If we can secure Lukaku on top of that trio and buy quality keeper and some big name im alright. we will soon have title contender squad in place and we will win something before kopites.

Lineker for me..... Felt big
IMG_0323.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.