Steven Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Hughton is planning a summer bid for Everton defender Joseph Yobo and could use former England Under 21 captain Steven Taylor as part of a deal for the 29-year-old Nigeria international.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...castle-starlet-Haris-Vu-ki.html#ixzz0lfyaaIrR

Could be something in this.

We were linked with Taylor before signing Distin and he looks a cert to leave after shenanigans with Andy Carroll.

I can't see Yobo being happy at being second fiddle to Distin either.

me dar's name that, as for the player YES.

Yobo out, Taylor in
Nash out, Mucha in

rest to spend on a deecent striker?

me dar's name that, as for the player YES.

Yobo out, Taylor in
Nash out, Mucha in

rest to spend on a deecent striker?

He reminds me of a young Jags, hes a raw talent who can improve, hes a hero up there - local boy done good and all that. Could see the Toon being reluctant to let him go in favour of Carrol - who i think will fall on his face in the Prem.

I would hat to see Yobo go - if there is nothing untoward going on behind the scenes with attitude etc. Hes been a great servent and a very unnappreciated member of our squad. I remember the days he was our best player and has been very loyal. On form he and Jags are capable of keeping 20 odd clean sheets in a season - no gaurentees that a change could offer us that potential.

[video=youtube;vl3HnU0HOhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl3HnU0HOhk[/video]

May aswell just bid for Titus Bramble...

I think we can do better than him. That said, Yobo being sold wouldn't worry me.

The rumour I read elsewhere today that does worry me was that Moyes is paying for Rangers flop Charlie Adam and handing Coleman to Blackpool on a loan deal for a season. That would be his worst decision as manager if that came off. If it's a fact that Moyes' brother is involved as Adam's agent, that would trouble me no end.

would rather have yobo than taylor because tbh i dnt see taylor getting much better than his current ability which i think is worse than yobos. n i think yobos pace simply makes him stand out from our other CBs n taylor hasn't got a comparison for that. he wouldnt be as determined to play for us as he is the skunks so what has he got to offer? very little imo

Good point Jay, I mean clearly I havent seen much of Taylor this Season, but he hasnt ever really kicked on for Me, when he broke into the team he looked a good prospect, with major flaws in his game, for Me, he still has major flaws in his game.

In other words, he aint ALL THAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back