Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Stoke City vs Everton, 6th Feb 2016

The result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting considering some of our best players aren't in the side.

Having the Oviedo/Cleverley and Coleman/Lennon combinations down both flanks makes us a much better balanced side and defensively much stronger. That plus Robles in goal gives us much greater stability from which to play our counter attacking football.

Very solid today, pragmatism from Roberto?

Looks like we've gone back to where we were at the start of the season when we were setting up to play on the counter which seems to bring out the best in this group of players. Works a treat away from home. Still need to do our homework though.

Having the Oviedo/Cleverley and Coleman/Lennon combinations down both flanks makes us a much better balanced side and defensively much stronger. That plus Robles in goal gives us much greater stability from which to play our counter attacking football.

Very solid today, pragmatism from Roberto?
Deulofeu and Stones then? Can't they "learn" the system?

Deulofeu and Stones then? Can't they "learn" the system?

Don't have a problem with Stones dropping into either FM's or Jag's position although the break is probably doing him good. It's more difficult seeing Deulofeu operate in the 4-4-1-1 formation we played today. I think he's better suited to games in which the onus is on us to attack - home games or when we are chasing a game. Think he has a lot to learn yet, despite his obvious skill, ability and attacking threat.

Don't have a problem with Stones dropping into either FM's or Jag's position although the break is probably doing him good. It's more difficult seeing Deulofeu operate in the 4-4-1-1 formation we played today. I think he's better suited to games in which the onus is on us to attack - home games or when we are chasing a game. Think he has a lot to learn yet, despite his obvious skill, ability and attacking threat.

I honestly think he'd be great behind the striker. As has been said, we look incredibly balanced with Lennon/Coleman and Oviedo/Cleverley, so no need to break that up.

In games we're expected to win though, e.g. West Brom at home, I'd be dropping Ross back to centre mid and letting Deulofeu run riot through the middle. Let's us keep our balance, and if he gives it away, attacking mid is the best place to do that.

A better keeper than Howard, and a more commanding one, will help develop him.
Yes I agree re Deulofeu, but for me he is too talented to leave out. He won't learn sitting on the bench.

I honestly think he'd be great behind the striker. As has been said, we look incredibly balanced with Lennon/Coleman and Oviedo/Cleverley, so no need to break that up.

In games we're expected to win though, e.g. West Brom at home, I'd be dropping Ross back to centre mid and letting Deulofeu run riot through the middle. Let's us keep our balance, and if he gives it away, attacking mid is the best place to do that.
Can't hurt to try. Too good to be sitting on the bench getting frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back