Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need to bury any chances that come our way, a new partnership at the back starting away to stoke in these conditions is a little worrying. They will target our cb's so lets not give them the ball. COYB

Not the game we wanted Jags and Distin both out. Hopefully we can just score a few goals and hope they dont utilise the weak defence.

Need to bury any chances that come our way, a new partnership at the back starting away to stoke in these conditions is a little worrying. They will target our cb's so lets not give them the ball. COYB

Bingo. Best way of limiting their tactic of targetting our 2nd choice CB pairing is to limit them having the ball. Which is why as I say it's a huge game for Barry and McCarthy. They've both had a game off recently due to suspension too so shouldn't be tired.

I will say one negative about Martinez at the moment: his pre-game reassurances about injuries and upcoming games are complete horse****. Distin expected to be ok.

CB: today was THE worst time to face a crisis there. Crouch will be as delighted as a dog with two dicks.

I'd have pushed Barry back into CB with Stone and brought Barkley back to fill in for Barry, put Oviedo ahead of Baines and shifted Pienaar inside behind Lukaku.

Stones was boss in pre season, seriously impressive against Juve but away to stoke on a grimey afternoon... Fingers crossed !

I will say one negatie about Martinez at the moment: his pre-game reassurances about injuries and upcoming games are complete horse****. Distin expected to be ok.

CB: today was THE worst time to face a crisis there. Crouch will be delighted as a dog with two dicks.

I'd have pushed Barry back into CB with Stone and brought Barkley back to fill in for Barry, put Oviedo ahead of Baines and shifted Pienaar inside behind Lukaku.
Come on dave,He would be given the oppo an head start of working out how to play our team

This'll be an impressive win if we get it today. Their biggest strength is, on paper, our biggest weakness.

Let's just score lots of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back