Stop oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, art is often used to express how different cultures perceive the inevitability of death and to try to make sense of what happens after we die. With some exceptions, western paintings tend to reflect on the subject’s life, or romanticise and beautify the moment of death to avoid shocking the audience: paintings such as Caravaggio’s The Death of the Virgin (1606) were banned from churches for representing death too realistically. In Japan, however, a form of art called Kusōzu (‘painting of the nine stages of a decaying corpse’) developed between the 14th and 18th centuries, which illustrates the decay of a human corpse with breathtaking graphical accuracy, cataloguing the final moments of a person’s life through to complete disarticulation of their bones, and this could be considered a masterpiece for stop oil.
The very last frame could be them a million years hence... becoming oil.

I know they don't like oil, and I know Van Gogh is known for his oil paintings, and I'll be honest, I'm not an art expert. But I believe that the oil that Van Gogh used, is a different type of oil.

I also believe he isn't alive anymore. So protesting his oil paintings, seems a little misguided.

not totally for stopping oil, but I understand his concern, unfortunately I have to make it work 5 days a week.

That being said we never properly thanked him for saving our season. Can't we all get together and get him a Everton track suit made of recycled materials, he looks like he could use some clothes.

not totally for stopping oil, but I understand his concern, unfortunately I have to make it work 5 days a week.

That being said we never properly thanked him for saving our season. Can't we all get together and get him a Everton track suit made of recycled materials, he looks like he could use some clothes.
I've thought about this a lot, a late goal deep into a long period of extra time which he made for us, that was the moment, and he played his part!

View attachment 172058
But if you zoom in on the painting

Couldn't quite see what was in the frame was it this?

everton-BMD.jpg

Buy oil at $107 to $111 and sell at $116 to $118 and repeat. Track the trading range, keep an eye on OPEC and Bidems ridiculous, anaemic assertions about what he thinks he can do - and fill your boots. It’s volatility at these high price levels make it an easy commodity to predict high and low and to make money on.

For instance, ftse100 launched in 1984 at 1000 grew to over 7000 by December 1999 - and she nice then it’s done nothing in almost a quarter of a century still hovering around 7000 to 7300. Buy in via etfs and sell out and repeat. It’s piss easy.

NASDAQ has lost 30% since January. Think about buying in now. It’s market cap of constituent companies was $26 Trillion. It’s lost $7Trillion (that’s seven x million x million and it will come back.

Light travels at 187,000 miles per second. 5 seconds 1 million miles. It takes light 4 and a half years to travel to our nearest star system at 187,000 miles per second and would take the Saturn V 5 rockets, - the most powerful rockets man has ever produced, - 100,000 years to reach Alpha Centauri (double star system Alpha Centauri & Proxima Centauri). The USA has so much debt that you could lay $1 for very single mile between Earth and Alpha Centauri and 17% of the way back again - and they’ve achieved this ridiculous debt in boom years! At the end of the Financial Crisis I’m 2009 their debt was $9.4 Trillion. Since then boom years for tax revenue and their debt has rocketed to $33Trillion. They’re f a h k e d but easy to make money investing in and out of the us government manipulated markets and risk assets.

Get in there!

Is he the lad who cable tied himself to the goal post at Goodison?

Genuinely hope he's walked to London from Goodison, that his clothes are all made from natural materials, and that their manufacture and transport all did mot utilise products stemming from oil.

Ya orange wearing berk.

Status
Not open for further replies.