Straq's last two performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToffeeMark

Player Valuation: £30m
The last two games he has been awesome. He is really starting to do a job up front, hassling centre backs, holding the ball up, bringing other players into play and allowing the team to move up field.

Velios may actually be a better finisher, but if we can't string enough play together to get him chances then that is redundant, Straqo's play last night really helped our performance.

Tremendous work rate as well.

If he's paired with Jelavic or Velios it will interesting to see if that takes us up a notch in terms of creating chances and finishing them.

COYB!

Probably.

I've got to honest, I couldn't see why Moyes was starting Straq ahead of Velios, Saha or Anichebe...but he's obviously shown in training what I've just seen last two games and he's definetly worthy of his place in our starting line up.

I was very, very impressed with him last night, his work rate pressing the city defence stopped them playing and got the crowd going, well done Straq lad.

two massive performances from big Denis, pleasantly surprised after some of the negative comments I've read about him. Well done big man.

He's always worked and tried hard but seems he's finally reached the fitness level needed for him to be able to deliver. Was class distributing the ball with his head, unlucky not to score, ran his socks off again and was a big lump of menace.

Workrate is the key word here.

I love seeing an Everton player coming off after 80 odd minutes, breathing out his arse because he's run himself into the ground. Thoroughly deserved standing ovation.

He'll never be the most skillfully gifted player but I'd have him permanently if the opportunity arises.

Straq put in a really good shift and worked hard chasing defenders, and generally being a menace, and he deserves to start again on Saturday against Wigan.

Personally i was really pleased with his effort, and thought deserved the standing ovation he received.

However isnt this what everyone was ****ging moyes off for?, asking forwards to do all this defensive work, after all defence starts from the front?

I like Stracq. I think there's a bit of potential there. He certainly makes a nuisance of himself and causes defenders to panic a bit. Deserved the standing ovation last two games.

Straq - The Human Battering Ram

I swear that in 35 years of watching Everton I haven't seen a gutsy, full blooded, committed performance from a player as I witnessed from Denis last night. Of course I've seen more culture through the years, but to see an Everton player (on loan!) almost run himself to a stand still for the cause almost made me cry with joy. Sounds soppy but this fella epitomises everything DM's Everton have ever been and reminded me of Big Dunc in his pomp at times last night.

He's just beaten into submission Hangerland, Kompany and Lescott, three top quality CBs. Just imagine last night all over again, put Saha in instead of Straq and try and think what a different performance you'd have got from the front man. I believe that that lazy, borderline petulance would've gone through the team and we would've seen a different EFC.

I didn't rate him. Called him the Argie Brett Angel. I'm a pissflap. Sorry Denis, I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.