Strength in Depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbal Kint

Player Valuation: £35m
Roberto is slowly building a squad with a huge amount of options. Our second choice team would comfortably survive in the league in my opinion

Robles
Holgate/Hibbert
Galloway
Funes Mori
Oviedo
Besic
Gibson
Naismith
Osman
Mirallas
Cleverly

I couldn't even bring myself to give McGeady a game with the reserves.

The only areas I would have worries over are right back, Hibbert is past it now and Holgate unproven. Kone seems to be the only other option up top instead of Rom.

Roberto is slowly building a squad with a huge amount of options. Our second choice team would comfortably survive in the league in my opinion

Robles
Holgate/Hibbert
Galloway
Funes Mori
Oviedo
Besic
Gibson
Naismith
Osman
Mirallas
Cleverly

I couldn't even bring myself to give McGeady a game with the reserves.

The only areas I would have worries over are right back, Hibbert is past it now and Holgate unproven. Kone seems to be the only other option up top instead of Rom.

Have you seen how turd we pay when a team liek that gets a run out?

I'm impersonating Ijjy, don't mind me.

We are getting deeper that's true, but I think the players are better in our minds than on the field, and certainly not as consistent as their potential.
Hopefully that consistency will start to be found now, Sunderland and Villa are very poor but we have struggled to break average teams down at goodison in recent years.

Id love us to keep our core intact and add another 2 top quality attacking players, I can see players like Naismith and McGeady being moved on in January, struggling teams will take a punt on them and hopefully pay over the odds.

Dont see the point in posting a team without our boss players, I prefer things like this :

Robles
Coleman - Jags - Stones - Baines
McCarthy
Besic - Barkley
Mirallas - Lukaku - Geri​

Hopefully that consistency will start to be found now, Sunderland and Villa are very poor but we have struggled to break average teams down at goodison in recent years.

Id love us to keep our core intact and add another 2 top quality attacking players, I can see players like Naismith and McGeady being moved on in January, struggling teams will take a punt on them and hopefully pay over the odds.

Our starting team defo, I meant more our reserves. They don't have cracking games as consistently.

We don't have that much strength in depth.

What happens when Lukaku gets injured? Kone seems to work well with Lukaku right now, but on his own? Naismith? lol

Baines gets injured again? Galloway as our full-time left back who offers nothing going forward?

We have zero quality in the squad in goal.

What if Stones gets injured now? Jagielka is already out for a few months yet no doubt ...

Yes we have loads of central midfielders, but unfortunately most of them cannot be relied upon, namely Gibson, Osman, Besic.

We also have McGeady and Lennon, both who are pretty poo.

What we should be doing, is moving out said poo players, and those central midfielders, and the likes of Howard, Hibbert, Naismith, and replacing them with actual quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.