Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Roma are really interested in Malcolm then we need to flash the cash to his agent.

If we manage to sign him on a ridiculous contract and he turns out to be rubbish, there will always be a Turkish club willing to loan him for peanuts a year down the line...
Wasn't Klaassen going on loan to some Turkish outfit? Is that still on the table? I'm wondering if that news is what all the kerfuffle today has been about...it must be something of more substance than merely informing us Oumar is in Marco's plans...but with Everton, you never know

I honestly don’t think Silva or Brands had any clue how big a mess they were getting themselves involved in.
I disagree. In fact, I think that's entirely why they haven't spunked gobs of cash on Flavour of the Month offerings such as the various WC Group Stage heroes many here won't let go of. They had to know the purse strings were connected to binning utter dross like Williams and Bolasie beforehand, a simple look at the books would have made that quite obvious.

Wasn't Klaassen going on loan to some Turkish outfit? Is that still on the table? I'm wondering if that news is what all the kerfuffle today has been about...it must be something of more substance than merely informing us Oumar is in Marco's plans...but with Everton, you never know

Apparently Klaasen didn't fancy Turkey.

No, we don't.

I'd hoped the second part of that post made it clear it was very much tongue in cheek.

Klaassen is deffo going to Winston Bogarte us.

If Roma are really interested in Malcolm then we need to flash the cash to his agent.

If we manage to sign him on a ridiculous contract and he turns out to be rubbish, there will always be a Turkish club willing to loan him for peanuts a year down the line...
It’s this exact type of behaviour that has us where we are today
By walking away from the Tierney transfer Brands has made his point by drawing a line in the sand for every future transfer
If he thinks it’s too expensive either on fee or wages he will walk away , and rightly so

BBBBRrrrrrrrrapnds.
I liked that scene in Interstellar where a very aged and dying Murphy tells her dad to go back through the wormhole. "To go where?" he asks. "Brand" she exhaustedly replies.
Great scene and thank you for your post which brought memories of it back for me.

Klaassen is deffo going to Winston Bogarte us.

What a man he was.

Of his contract he said, "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract"; in the end, he only appeared 11 times during his four-year tenure, reportedly earning £40,000 a week during this period.

"This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership but I don't care."

What a man he was.

Of his contract he said, "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract"; in the end, he only appeared 11 times during his four-year tenure, reportedly earning £40,000 a week during this period.
Rumour has it he flew in for training every day and flew back home in the afternoon

It’s this exact type of behaviour that has us where we are today
By walking away from the Tierney transfer Brands has made his point by drawing a line in the sand for every future transfer
If he thinks it’s too expensive either on fee or wages he will walk away , and rightly so

Better to have loved and ended up with a bloated and overpaid squad than to never have loved at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back