Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to derail the thread but just to answer you.

Not for Orient no, although I did see him at Milwall a couple of times. I lived in North London at the time though, and the talk among Spurs fans was similar to when Rooney was coming through here, they knew he was good.

I read an interview the other day where Sherwood was saying none of the clubs who had him on loan thought he'd make it in the Premier League.

""Every loan I sent him out on, not one manager told me he would make a Premier League player. He struggled to convince the Tottenham fans at first. One of their own? It makes me laugh every time I hear it. They wanted the big name ending in 'o' to come into the team before Harry"

I don't want to derail the thread but just to answer you.

Not for Orient no, although I did see him at Milwall a couple of times. I lived in North London at the time though, and the talk among Spurs fans was similar to when Rooney was coming through here, they knew he was good. Obviously he's surprised people with just how good he turned out to be, but from an early age the noises coming out of Spurs were that he was something special - it wasn't a coincidence that another PL team took a 19 year old kid with no PL experience on loan, there was an expectation that he would deliver, but for whatever reason he didn't.

Take a look at this video:

That's Kane as a 17/18 year old playing league football. Left foot, right foot, headers, inside the box, outside the box, running on to through balls and deflecting things in with his body, pretty much every single one right in the corner. He was a natural finisher alright, just the fact he was scoring 1 in 3 at 18 makes that fairly obvious to be honest, but there's no denying it once you see the goals.

Anyway, we won't be signing anyone quite at the level but a new striker would be high on my wishlist this summer.

Fair enough mate. I just never saw it myself in the games I watched him in for the England youth teams.

I was also going to add that I'm sure somebody could put together a short video of DCLs goals/assists that paint a pretty picture but I see somebody else has already done it. It doesn't make DCL a better player but it does show how easy it is to be deceived by these short youtube videos.

Agree on a striker being on the wish list for the summer. Top of my list would be a left sided ball playing centre back, followed by a defensive midfielder in the N'Zonzi mould, and a playmaking midfielder like Wilshire or that Turkish lad (both out of contract this summer). After that I would prioritise a left back to rotate and eventually take over from Baines and a seasoned striker to compete/compliment Tosun.

DCL, along with most of our youngsters, would make up the squad numbers.

I do agree ..but I would keep Klassen for now. He has barely played yet in that time showed glipses of having the right stuff. What we need around him are Quick Wits, We currently don't posess many of that ilk. Hopefully after a preseason and a manager willing to give him a chance i think his one touch play could unlock a fair few defences next term.

Agreed , what we have at the moment are half wits
We need more players with a footballing brain like Rooney ( only younger ) and Siggy

Thought that said muller.

20170624_145710.jpg

the-muller-saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back