Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally, you would want your CDs to split to cover the full backs if they both went forward, and the holding midfielder drop in to cover the space. If only one FB ventured north the holding midfielder would cover and the 2 CDs need to cover the space he has left.

Either way, it all needs to be very streamlined and the 2 CDs and DF need to work as a team and be alert to the situation. None of ours appears capable of this as we saw yesterday.

I don't like the CBs splitting. It means that the CBs are having to go wide and that's when they lose their positioning.

The best way to do it is, imo, have Gana as the 'screener' in front of the back four.

I use that term because I think that best describes what Gana is best at. He has the physical ability and stamina to cover every inch of the pitch in a horizontal line in front of the defence. Obviously, not all on his own, but if a full-back presses high, then I would trust Gana to be able to get across and cover that position.

He is wasted playing as a box-to-box. Schneiderlin is offering nothing.

We should be looking at Bertrand be a good signing. Baines for all his service should only be a rotational squad player now same with jags.

Bertrand is 29.

At the risk of going full Zat, we need a younger player really. Digne is just about the right age I'd say.

Money talks and we have lots of it. It will come down to deadline day now and we'll overpay, splurge, panic buy or whatever you want to call it.

Silva and brands will gloss over it but it's obvious for all to see that the running of the club is still an embarrassing mess.

The cycle continues.
You don’t know this, so try and be a bit positive.

What are you waffling on about? My opinion holds as much or as little as everyone elses. Jog on sweetheart I gave an opinion you disagreed with it i explained how i formed my opinion, you disagreed, how does that make me a chancer?
Your opinion doesn’t hold as much weight as anyone’s! Haha. There’s some really great, informed, interesting and funny posters on GOT.

Your 1st tact was spouting as fact that one player was vastly better in EVERY way possible than the other, like some fountain of football knowledge. This is, of course, impossible to know. Your next post claimed that ‘anyone with any idea can see I’m right’.

Then after a bit of provocation you switch to the trusted ‘well it’s just my opinion’ approach and we find out that actually, you’ve got a bit of an unhealthy obsession with a young lad at Celtic.

That’s fine, opinions can be wrong (yours is). Chancer lad.

To be fair,, a once in a generation thing in Scotland still doesn't add up to playing for the best Team in France or Spain...i,d have either player but saying one is better than the other when neither have played in the Everton team is complete folly
This 100%. I’m sure either player would be a big improvement for us

Your opinion doesn’t hold as much weight as anyone’s! Haha. There’s some really great, informed, interesting and funny posters on GOT.

Your 1st tact was spouting as fact that one player was vastly better in EVERY way possible than the other, like some fountain of football knowledge. This is, of course, impossible to know. Your next post claimed that ‘anyone with any idea can see I’m right’.

Then after a bit of provocation you switch to the trusted ‘well it’s just my opinion’ approach and we find out that actually, you’ve got a bit of an unhealthy obsession with a young lad at Celtic.

That’s fine, opinions can be wrong (yours is). Chancer lad.
You fancy yourself as a bit of a bully do you sweetheart? I stand by what I said wholeheartedly, I've spent my whole life in football at different levels, my opinion counts as does yours, if how i phrase gets your bully back up then that's your problem. Only unhealthy obsession here is yours with me, go get yourself a girlfriend pal

You fancy yourself as a bit of a bully do you sweetheart? I stand by what I said wholeheartedly, I've spent my whole life in football at different levels, my opinion counts as does yours, if how i phrase gets your bully back up then that's your problem. Only unhealthy obsession here is yours with me, go get yourself a girlfriend pal
Oh dear. Claiming being bullied when someone questions you? Weak.
The rest I’ll just ignore, got enough on my plate with missus & kids. Last thing I need is a girlfriend on the side.

Oh dear. Claiming being bullied when someone questions you? Weak.
The rest I’ll just ignore, got enough on my plate with missus & kids. Last thing I need is a girlfriend on the side.
Not bullying me sweetheart I'm able for your emotive childish drivel keep it coming, or go inflate the "wife and kids" your call sweetheart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back