Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst highly unlikely if we can't get a good enough CF in does anyone think we would have chance in getting Morata on loan if Chelsea sign a CF?

No one seems willing to meet Chelsea's asking price so would be worth throwing a big loan fee at them and its a win win for all parties - if he does well here Chelsea keep him or sell him to another CL club for big money and we get a good striker for a season who hoepfully fires us into Europe.

If he does bad its just a loan.

It could work. I have watched him play for Real Madrid and he can be red hot then go cold. I believe that is why RM let him go and kept Isco and Asensio. Morata has had a huge cold spell at Chelsea which I attribute to culture shock, language barrier and also the drama that has been going on with Conte. It is a really interesting idea.

I've been out of the information loop the past couple of days : how is our hunt for a CB going? Because, we are in for a world of pain if a CB signing isn't imminent

Anyway lads, 4 days and change left, still lots of transfers to be done in the League.

I know some people dont like it, but honestly I think the window closing before the season starts is a great idea myself.

Im quite happy with what we have done so far and im hoping we add a CB by Tuesday so we can enjoy the last 2 days without our arses flapping, by no means is a CB all we need, but its gotta be the min at least.

I know we are probably in need of 2 CBs, but we just gotta hope that Holgate can shake off his injury worries and nail down a place next to our new CB or hope that Keane benefits from Silvas coaching, *insert laughing gif*.

Hoping for a StoneCold Stunner from Big Marcel, but Fellaini was probably the last out of the blue signing we have made for a while, im probably forgetting somebody but hes the 1 that sticks in my mind the most. Lukaku was pretty much a BOOM wasnt it? Anyway, im rambling!!!!

So heres what I have :

Mina possibly looking on/off, who even knows at this point?
Our new Lord and Saviour ITK reckons Joao Mario is inbound, lets watch that space for sure.
I wonder if the boy Pedro rumour was true? Seems to have died a little bit.
Then theres the phantom fella who had a scran with Brands.

And thats it really from the things I personally consider ongoing.

Chelsea currently have midfielders falling out their cupboards, I count 10 in their squad list, so wouldnt be shocked to us have a little sniff at RLC or maybe the Drinkwater fella, but havent really seen many decent links to either if im honest.

There will of course be a few outs, maybe a few loans for some of our yoots, but after we get in a CB, I would imagine we will use the loan market for anything else personally.

Another player which Everton have persistently gone after, not given up on - and it looks to have paid off.

I don't care that he sees us as a stepping stone, or he was waiting for Manchester United. We need these quality calibre players to compete, to get to the level of the big boys. Can't keep going for rejects of the Top 4.

Fantastic from the club and shows our ambitions.

I havnt seen him play but am very pleased with the signing. I mean I know we need a CB or two but the thing that pleases me is that we obviously targeted him like we did giroud, witsel, mata etc but this time brands has actually delivered and got his first choice target. If he turns out to be crap or not is a different matter and like I said I have never seen him play so can’t comment on that. But signing the first choice target is very pleasing in itself. Digne transfer was handled well and again I javntbseen him play , but with Tierney being looked at them walked away from and the signing of digne shows that things have changed, brands had a figure in mind and wouldn’t go past that or he used him as a decoy to get the one he wanted or he wanted Tierney and didn’t go over his value and moved onto PLAN B ... that’s right, plan b . Either way you look at it brands is showing he is a much better DOF than our ex PE teacher and is actually looking like Alan that has a plan and knows what he is doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back