Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do we always leave it until the last day of the window for a mad rush for signings. Clearly we need at least 3 and you just know for a fact that a couple of these players we want will fall through. Wouldn't surprise me if spurs came in late for Bernard and got him

Why do we always leave it until the last day of the window for a mad rush for signings. Clearly we need at least 3 and you just know for a fact that a couple of these players we want will fall through. Wouldn't surprise me if spurs came in late for Bernard and got him

Its that pesky employment law isnt it? Probably the EUs fault. Oh for the days when you could just go and kidnap those dusky foreigners and decide they now work for you.

Because, realistically, if we put serious, top $ bids out earlier, the other teams/players would just sit on them to see what else comes in. The deadline is what actually makes things happen. While some business gets done earlier in the window, frankly, it's for either the most visible players (i.e. Ronaldo) or for lower-level prospects.

It's just the way it is, as I look for more coffee and scotch to get me through this.

Because, realistically, if we put serious, top $ bids out earlier, the other teams/players would just sit on them to see what else comes in. The deadline is what actually makes things happen. While some business gets done earlier in the window, frankly, it's for either the most visible players (i.e. Ronaldo) or for lower-level prospects.

It's just the way it is, as I look for more coffee and scotch to get me through this.
@SerenityNigh recommends coffee and pot (subject to local laws of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back