Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us not forget that it was reported at the time we first signed Geri that Bobby Martinez had also 'established some strong links of communication with Barcelona' So...thank you Bobby, in retrospect.

my only concern is that we are a proven striker light. if tosun breaks his leg we are stuck with calvert-lewin, who for all his effort just lacks the goals.

hopefully we will be getting goals from our new brazillian wingers and a few more off gylfi
It's a fair point. We do have Walcott and richy who can play up there if needed. Clear that silva likes the dynamic fluid forwards who can play across the front line with Bernard and Richy coming in.

Edit: and how can we both forget our sweet sengalise prince oumar niasse?

We were legitimately interested in him before it like - the link happened before he played well as the World Cup just got started.
No we really weren’t. The interest was first logged on the 5th of July.

Either way, great window we’ve had.

Yeh maybe I spoke to soon.

Jorginho and Kovacic haven’t played a minute in the premier league ffs. How do you know they’ll walk through most teams?

Although I realize the exact same thing can be said about our signings.

I’ve said in another thread that the only signing that underwhelms me is Gomes. Therefore I don’t think think we have a midfield to compete with the top 6 and this window hasn’t changed that. We should be much more potent in attack which is fantastic but I’m not convinced by us still in the middle of the park. Can’t all be solved in one window though.

Also inter are basically my second team, and serie a is the only league I really pay attention to outside of the EPL. Not saying for one minute that makes me an expert but Kovacic always impressed when he played for Inter and Jorginho has been fantastic for Napoli- there’s a reason pep wanted him and why no one else took a punt on Gomes. Which let’s face it, that’s what we’ve done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back