Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not include pennington browning et al in the 1st team squad? Illogical.

..I doubt Browning and Galloway are anywhere near the first team squad. I imagine they train with the U23s and are not considered for 1st team match days.

Pennington will be but I reckon Silva would like to move him on.

How?

I dont see them playing for the first team, so to me its quite logical.
They haven't trained or played with the first team since Silva came in except Penno but I suspect that was to cover numbers.
..I doubt Browning and Galloway are anywhere near the first team squad. I imagine they train with the U23s and are not considered for 1st team match days.

Pennington will be but I reckon Silva would like to move him on.

Then surely it puts them in the first team squad but 'unwanted'...seems a bit of a cop out to simply say theyre u23s now...

They still need to be moved on.

Maybe they will be moved on, if not they will play with the U23s.

*shrug*

Then we can just remove Bolasie from the 1st team list as well i suppose...or could have done the same for any of the other players who have already departed...

Theres no point to have a list in this case...

how are we looking now?

Optimal number for me.

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane
Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players: 26
Players culled so far: 20
Players purchased so far: 7

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Vlasic(Loan), Martina(Loan), Besic(Loan), Pennington(TBC), Bolasie(TBC), Dowell(TBC), Baningime(TBC), Browning(TBC), Galloway(TBC)

Optimal number for me.

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane
Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players: 26
Players culled so far: 20
Players purchased so far: 7

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Vlasic(Loan), Martina(Loan), Besic(Loan), Pennington(TBC), Bolasie(TBC), Dowell(TBC), Baningime(TBC), Browning(TBC), Galloway(TBC)

So, in 12 months time we would be perhaps assessing these players in the squad (25)
GK -- Pickford / Virginia
RB - Coleman / Kenny
CB - Mina / Holgate / Gibson / Feeney
LB - Digne / Robinson
CM - Gana / Baningime / Davies / Williams / Sigurdsson / Dowell / Vlasic / Connolly
WF - Richarlison / Bernard / Lookman / Walcott / Onyekuru
FW - Tosun / DCL

Trying to sell these (unless sold beforehand) (15)
GK - Stekelenburg
RB - Cuco
CB - Keane / Browning / Galloway / Pennington
LB - Garbutt
CM - Tarashaj / Besic / Schneiderlin / McCarthy
WF - Mirallas / Bolasie / Sandro / Niasse

So a possible squad of 24 (some sold / going on loan still) before strengthening...15 at least to be sold/loaned

Lots still to be done...

So, in 12 months time we would be perhaps assessing these players in the squad (25)
RB - Coleman / Kenny
LB - Digne / Robinson
CM - Gana / Baningime / Davies / Williams / Sigurdsson / Dowell / Vlasic / Connolly
FW - Tosun / DCL

GK - Stekelenburg
RB - Cuco
LB - Garbutt

So a possible squad of 24 (some sold / going on loan still) before strengthening...15 at least to be sold/loaned

Lots still to be done...

We can worry about next season, next summer, I mean im sure Brands is already worrying about it, but we dont need to, but yes, still lots of work to be done, even in this window.

Stekkers, hmmm, I suppose it will depend on the progress Virginia makes, hes very, very young tho.

Cuco wont be returning, im certain of that, not saying Stoke will buy him, but somebody will in the Summer.

Cant see Keane being sold currently, it of course depends how this season goes, I personally still retain a glimmer of hope, ive seen him play well, I of course have seen him play utterly terrible also, im inclined to think hes not what we need, but would be something to look at in May, unless of course he leaves us with no doubt.

We still need to punt Bolaise, which im hopeful will be done tomorrow, but I said that 2-3 days ago, no great rush tho really, not like we care when he can play for Villa.

McCarthy is a strange 1, he was really starting to look a player before his injury, ironically he might have even been over the little niggles, a broken leg is just unfortunate really, especially the way he did it. I suppose he is very limited and doesnt really strike me as a Silva player, but he needs to be fit before we talk about him really.

Galloway looked a real player when he got his chance a while back, since then hes had 2 very bad loans and his progress has sadly been stunted big time, still only 22, but you would think it unlikely he makes it here, would suspect he will be kept around the U23s till Jan and maybe loaned out or even sold.

Browning is out of contract next summer, so again like Galloway would imagine he will stay with the U23s and move on maybe in Jan also.

Pennington and Feeney I have my doubts about, very harsh on Feeney of course, but I dunno, ive seen nothing that makes me think he will make it, but at the same time ive seen nothing, hard to say I suppose, my instinct suggests they dont have it.

I know SniderRat isnt everybodies cup of tea, but I think hes played reasonably well so far this season, not saying hes been amazing and we can do better, but we first need to replace, before we think of punt.

Christ ive rambled here.

1 last thing regarding this :

RB - Coleman / Kenny
LB - Digne / Robinson
FW - Tosun / DCL

Gibson is only 18, the normal progression will be a loan or 2 over the next 2 years and then he probably be looking to break into the first team, if of course he has the talent. I mean unless hes stand out good.

And im sorry but that midfield is badly lacking real quality, bar Iceland and Gana, of course they are all young players and theres every chance they could grow into great players, but for now they are just bags of potential.

But anyway the squad is a work in progress, im very happy with what we have done this summer so far and im hopeful that Brands knows what hes doing so confident in his ability to build a squad able to hopefully compete at the top of the table, it wont happen overnight of course and it will also require a degree of luck with certain players we buy.

We can worry about next season, next summer, I mean im sure Brands is already worrying about it, but we dont need to, but yes, still lots of work to be done, even in this window.

Stekkers, hmmm, I suppose it will depend on the progress Virginia makes, hes very, very young tho.

Cuco wont be returning, im certain of that, not saying Stoke will buy him, but somebody will in the Summer.

Cant see Keane being sold currently, it of course depends how this season goes, I personally still retain a glimmer of hope, ive seen him play well, I of course have seen him play utterly terrible also, im inclined to think hes not what we need, but would be something to look at in May, unless of course he leaves us with no doubt.

We still need to punt Bolaise, which im hopeful will be done tomorrow, but I said that 2-3 days ago, no great rush tho really, not like we care when he can play for Villa.

McCarthy is a strange 1, he was really starting to look a player before his injury, ironically he might have even been over the little niggles, a broken leg is just unfortunate really, especially the way he did it. I suppose he is very limited and doesnt really strike me as a Silva player, but he needs to be fit before we talk about him really.

Galloway looked a real player when he got his chance a while back, since then hes had 2 very bad loans and his progress has sadly been stunted big time, still only 22, but you would think it unlikely he makes it here, would suspect he will be kept around the U23s till Jan and maybe loaned out or even sold.

Browning is out of contract next summer, so again like Galloway would imagine he will stay with the U23s and move on maybe in Jan also.

Pennington and Feeney I have my doubts about, very harsh on Feeney of course, but I dunno, ive seen nothing that makes me think he will make it, but at the same time ive seen nothing, hard to say I suppose, my instinct suggests they dont have it.

I know SniderRat isnt everybodies cup of tea, but I think hes played reasonably well so far this season, not saying hes been amazing and we can do better, but we first need to replace, before we think of punt.

Christ ive rambled here.

1 last thing regarding this :

RB - Coleman / Kenny
LB - Digne / Robinson
FW - Tosun / DCL

Gibson is only 18, the normal progression will be a loan or 2 over the next 2 years and then he probably be looking to break into the first team, if of course he has the talent. I mean unless hes stand out good.

And im sorry but that midfield is badly lacking real quality, bar Iceland and Gana, of course they are all young players and theres every chance they could grow into great players, but for now they are just bags of potential.

But anyway the squad is a work in progress, im very happy with what we have done this summer so far and im hopeful that Brands knows what hes doing so confident in his ability to build a squad able to hopefully compete at the top of the table, it wont happen overnight of course and it will also require a degree of luck with certain players we buy.

For this squad list below...its merely a listing of players left after we have got rid of the other 14 (as you say Brownings contract is up next year)

RB - Coleman / Kenny
LB - Digne / Robinson
FW - Tosun / DCL

Whats clear is that the spine of the team is the next to be improved. We would need to replace Zouma and Gomes and try and bring in a top forward (if the plan isnt to play Richarlison there).

But it looks a heck of a lot more progressive than the beginning of this window.

RB - Coleman / Kenny
LB - Digne / Robinson
FW - Tosun / DCL

GK - Stekelenburg
RB - Cuco
LB - Garbutt

Lots still to be done...

Average Squad Age: 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back