Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pipe down.

A very decent player for a very long time, who joined us at a time when we much weaker than we are now (yes that's right, millennials) and helped improve us considerably.

At his peak alongside Distin we had arguably though not indisputably the best centre-back pairing in the division.

He deserves a respectful send-off.

There are so many other things to be legitimately snide and petulant about... pick one of them instead
Distin was not a very good defender. For a big fella he couldn't head (they always went straight up in the air). He was nearly always off balance when challenging for the ball, couldn't pass to save his life and had below average positional sense. His pace got him out of a lot of trouble (which is why it was so noticeble how much he was struggling when his pace vanished).

Lescott and Jags of 08 were the second best CB pairing in the league behind Vidic and Ferdinand. But people conveniently forget that because of the way Lescott left us. Never understood the love in for Distin. Was an average player but to hear our fans talk, you would think we witnessed Beckenbauer reincarnated. I though Yobo was a better defender than Distin and he had some serious flaws to his game.

karim rekik, a left-footed cb, just had great season for hertha berlin replacing john brooks. also spent the 13/14 season on loan at psv, so brands is aware of him. been awful for ages but has had a bit of a breakthrough, might be a one-season wonder tho.
not linked at all but i like throwing names out into the abyss. stark, his cb partner, is the better player but we're lookin' for a leftie aren't we

Just seen that' Looked good in England U21s in March and highest chance creator in Championship last season. Didn't say how much.

I'd say 20mil at least. I keep an eye on Norwich and he has an eye for goal albeit in Championship. I reckon we get him and loan him out til Jan. Plays a bit like Griezmann. Do we need another #10 tho?

No transfer fee
Everton to continue paying his wages next season
And he get a coaching role when he retires.

**** Off.
The mans a disgrace. It's another koeman style pay off.

He has one year left, pay a transfer fee if yiu want him and pay all his wages like other teams do.
Didn’t we get literally the same deal from United when he came in? No fee and subsidized wages...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back