Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for sure this to be the case: We needed a CB and LB in very quickly after the window opened. We did neither. Now we're even struggling to get a CB and the manager is correct in saying we afce another preseason when/if we get his targets.

Brands has got shut of a lot of players and not balanced that out with purchasing key reinforcements.
We certainly do need players but we cannot force clubs to sell when it suits us rather than them.
I look at players being signed by clubs in roughly the same positions in the league table as ourselves and there is no doubt that we are aiming for much more ambitious targets.

I don't know what position is targeted this season, but, I look at it as a season of transition. A season to overhaul the squad, bring in new, young players the manager wants and to bed down a new team and a new way of playing... anybody thinking this is all happening overnight is fooling themselves.

So for us on the other side of the world this morning .....
No more signings yet ?
Bernard may or may not be going to Chelsea ?
Usmanov selling Arsenal shares but no evidence he'll invest in us ?
Jags / Keane still our first choice CB pair

Or you could look at it like....
Everything pointing to Bernard signing for us.
Usmanov selling his Arsenal shares. At worst we’re no worse off if he does/doesn’t invest in us.
Brands is going to be getting at least 1 centre back in.

Note to self and other shrewd investors. June 2019 invest in the parent company that produces training pyjamas for bed wetting toddlers.

I’ll buy the club off Usmanov with the profit I’ll make, judging by some on here.

So potentially centre half , Bernard and the Stoke midfielder to come in?

Out best transfer window since a decade ago.

The team will have energy , creativity and directness with pace also. We could potentially be a very hard team to play against if Silva gets it right with us

So potentially centre half , Bernard and the Stoke midfielder to come in?

Out best transfer window since a decade ago.

The team will have energy , creativity and directness with pace also. We could potentially be a very hard team to play against if Silva gets it right with us
Could also add Joao Mario or Pedro Delgado on the cheap. Wouldn’t rule out Sturridge or RLC on loan either.

Or you could look at it like....
Everything pointing to Bernard signing for us.
Usmanov selling his Arsenal shares. At worst we’re no worse off if he does/doesn’t invest in us.
Brands is going to be getting at least 1 centre back in.
you've adopted a 'glass possibly half full' approach here...that's unusual for an Evertonian.

Hes managed to do his Achilles in twice, quite impressive.
Maybe he played against Suarez twice.
article-2225759-15BC914F000005DC-803_468x326.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back