Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh..... what?? 200K a week? Even Koeman and Walsh wouldn't be that silly.

Not that I believe that to be true... say hed normally be on 100k but he gets 200k over 4 years ( extra 100k a week ) that's an additional 20 mill ( little over ) over the space of 4 years which would be less the his fee of we bought him outright

(Makes sense to me sort of )

If we manage to get Mina and Bernard in its been a good window however we could still do with either a holding midfielder or 2nd CB.

1 CB isnt going to change our defence we either need 2 coming in of good quality or someone who can replace Schnerderlin in midfield and shield the back 4 more effectively + link defence to attack.
If a CB isnt going to change our defence, then whats the point of signing one?

World Cup year
New Manager
New DoF
New scouting system
Manager needed time to properly asses the players he had

None of these excuses will exist next year, well unless we have a new Manager and a New DoF, cant see marcel getting the bullet, but Silva................ anyway, COYB.

Completely agree with this. New manager means clean slate with players. I think silva done the right thing, assess the squad to see who he feels he could and couldn't work with.

With the World Cup, players return late to their clubs, so until they're back, certain clubs may not invite offers for them until they've spoken to the players etc.

It baffles me that the premier league sides had stupidly agreed to this shorter window, in a World Cup year and that European clubs still have the longer window.

If a CB isnt going to change our defence, then whats the point of signing one?

Because simply put our central defence and central midfield are very very poor and its going to take more than 1 CB to have us solid at the back.

Mina is also young and relatively inexperienced and will need time to settle in the Prem its too much of an ask to expect him to come in and put in Cannavaro esque performances.

Preferably we need a 2nd CB or a CDM who can shield that back 4 more than Morgan who lets attack after attack fly past him.

Laughing at us
Bernard only going to us as we are paying him 200k a week
We are repeating last years transfer window
Marco Silva is a bit of a joke. Had done nothing in the prem.
We’re proposing playing Siggy out of position etc etc
Was a bit offended until I realised it was Danny Webber.... Danny who? Exactly
Danny Webber?...I think Danny might be Jeff's* roomie

*Jeff from West Derby

Laughing at us

That's just not true is it.

It's been reported he'll be on €6m a year which 100k a week. It's also been reported that he turned down offers from west ham and Milan who were offering him more wages.

I am confident we will get Bernard and a CB. Might not be Mina, could be Rojo, Lindelof, Smalling or Soumaoro. If I was being greedy I would want 2 CB’s, Steven N’Zonzi and back up for Tosun, I would take slimani from Leicester, he has worked with the manager before, so knows his tactics

Laughing at us

There’s not much wrong in what they have said though.

Laughing at us

The fact they said we are repeating last seasons transfer window shows they know naff all.

Yeah such a joke we can afford to pay players 200k a week, much preferred those wonderful days of worrying of the bank calling BK in.

Laughing at us

Listened for 5 mins to whichever numpty does the drive home show. He was trying to make out we'll massively miss Rooney, Klaassen, Mirralas and Williams and they were all starters or there abouts. Couldn’t really believe what I was hearing and quickly switched channels.

Last edited:
I am confident we will get Bernard and a CB. Might not be Mina, could be Rojo, Lindelof, Smalling or Soumaoro. If I was being greedy I would want 2 CB’s, Steven N’Zonzi and back up for Tosun, I would take slimani from Leicester, he has worked with the manager before, so knows his tactics

I think Rojo is a bit of a kite to be honest all part of our game with Barca.

Laughing at us

Heard a bit of them earlier, higginbottom and Webber, banging on about how fabulous Man Utd are because the played for the youth team, but actually weren’t good enough and were sold at the earliest opportunity. what they know about; Everton, Marco Silva or Bernard could be written on a grain of rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back