Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe signing Bernard means Silva will go with Schneiderlin - Gueye partnership, but this time we will have much more creativity up top with Richarlison and Bernard so it could work maybe.

I’d love us to sign some class number 8 but if the reports about Schneiderlin and Silva (he convinced him to stay) are true, he’s here to play.

I doubt it. Think Cenk, Richy and Walcott are nailed on front 3 for now and Bernard won’t be here to sit on the bench so it’ll be 2 out of Schneids, Gana and Sig behind him.

But you’ve already agreed it’ll take a few windows to sort. I think we’d all like to be further on in this window but we are where we are.

You can’t agree that it’s going to take time and then say in the next breath more should have been done sooner. Granted CB is a key area and we all expected someone in before now.

IF we get 1 or two quality CB in + Bernard + a CM before the deadline then that is real progress.
I can, and easily enough: you get the proportions right. Want to sort this it over three windows? Then sell and buy with that pace in mind. But we haven't. We've sold a lot/offloaded a lot and bought only two thus far for the manager to work with...and only one of those for a player in a position with of a matter of urgency to fill who has come in at the end of the window, so no time to work with.

It's been an arse about face window. That cant be finessed away.

Would his return be accepted by others though or would he instantly have a harder job on his hands due to current perception of him? I’m not sure I’d like him back for example.

Rooney was largely welcomed back because of time passed/water under the bridge/different circumstances, and I’m not sure the same would currently be afforded to Ross by most.

Moving on a little, I reckon (if the signings of Mina and Bernard are confirmed) we’ll not have had a bad window. Much dross shifted, a LB, two potential attacking central/left mids/forwards, a CB and the all important yoof goalie.

He was our best player in Koeman's first season here. Even under the conditions Koeman set for him. He scores and he gets assists. I bet Silva wishes he was here. Perceptions and fans are easily dealt with: you just play well. Everyone knows performances would trump that.

Everton got the worst manager possible for Barkley in particular. A charlatan who just picked on Barkley to make himself look strong when he was, in fact, weak as piss and an outrageously poor manager.

Busy two days.

tumblr_m9ucdfrVGf1r9mryu.gif

Noticed that while Kannemans scored for Gremio yesterday another player we where briefly linked with , Everton Soares, did not appear .
Just a random observation.

So when do we start panicking then? You'd expect Bernard confirmed today, probably tea time announcement and some form of concrete news on a centre half coming over, possibly tomorrow morning for a medical.

Be honest be surprised if there's much else in the pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back