Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 51067

Imagine having this team, get your cheque book out Usmanov
Not sure I want Batshuayi anymore. He isn't playing well currently and has the classic Belgian attitude where he will be talking about his next club during the September international break. Also he turns 26 early on next season so it isn't like he has a lot of growth to do anymore. What we see is probably what we get. I think there are better options.

Not sure I want Batshuayi anymore. He isn't playing well currently and has the classic Belgian attitude where he will be talking about his next club during the September international break. Also he turns 26 early on next season so it isn't like he has a lot of growth to do anymore. What we see is probably what we get. I think there are better options.

I just think he’d be a good option for a loan, i didn’t want to spend all of my mythical budget on a striker you see

So Barca wanted 35m for an injured player , that is hated by the fans, that wasn’t being played, that didn’t want to stay, that was voted worst signing of the season that they only paid 37m for

According to Brands, yes.

He said they wanted that - or around that anyway - but we refused to pay it. Went back for him on loan on deadline day.

Is it any different to us wanting £28million for Lookman?

He’s terrible. Was beyond useless in the prem.

In other words, we win a few games and the positivity with this clubs goes out of the roof. As expected, we are not going to make any big transfers in January. And surely I don't expect 50M+ net spend during the next summer either. Some expectations here are quite a bit too optimistic. Moshiri in here does not mean we are Man City 2.0. Things are getting better and better, but we surely still have limited transfer resources. Otherwise we would have just buy a player like Zouma or Gomes instead of a loan.

I'm hopeless at linking stuff mate. But in fairness to Zat I also thought a pre contract agreement had been made between Barca, Palmeiras and the player, and there is an article in the Spanish sports journal Marca dated 16/2/17 which backs this up. Maybe somebody can link it for me if they can find it.

It was all over the press that he was about to sign + then subsequently signed. In fact rumour was Barca were after him before he moved to Brazil and then they quickly signed him after he performed well there (going on to be in the team of the season).

It stood out for me at the time as I found it interesting there was so much hype about a giant colombian defender...usually its the forwards.

They may of agreed to sign him a year in advance but my point still remains they ACTUALLY signed him in January then sold him to us 8 months later for three times the price they paid for him. Pre contract agreement or not.

Thats not how pre-contract agreements work.

Once the agreement is signed e.g £11.8mil (or whatever the amount was) then this is a fixed price.

In the case of Mina this was the fee agreed 12 months before he joined barca. So, when he was in the Brazil team of the season even if his market value was £30mil he would still go to Barca at that fixed price.

So, what we know is;

2016 - Team of the season 2 years in a row + scouted by Barca + moves to Brazil
2017 -- Pre contract agreement with Barca £11.8mil + later in the Brazil team of the season.
2018 -- Joins Barca and has a great world cup
2018 - Moves to Everton for £27mil

View attachment 51067

Imagine having this team, get your cheque book out Usmanov
A better centre forward and another top centre midfielder. And that would be a very good squad

That has awful options up front;
Batshuayi -- Donkey
Onyekuru - left winger

Need far better than that.

Also better backup than Baines.and McCarthy is always crocked.

So;

Lozano
Wan Bissaka
Zouma
Gomes
New LB
New DM
2 CFs

8 new players to achieve a very top squad.

I think we need 2 signings in Jan...no matter what positions from the above. Then were 6 away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back