Summer 2024 transfer thread.

…because that’s exactly the time to judge him, it’s when an outstanding DoF truly earns his big bucks.

Whilst I agree you have to adjust his metrics. Who do you compare him to?

Is his job putting together a team to stay up and work within the budget? Yes. He's therefore successful.

Is his job to build a team capable of Europe? If so he's failed.

Whilst I agree you have to adjust his metrics. Who do you compare him to?

Is his job putting together a team to stay up and work within the budget? Yes. He's therefore successful.

Is his job to build a team capable of Europe? If so he's failed.

….i think you need to look at the players he’s brought in and determine their success. Also, do they fit a playing strategy and blend with teammates.

I never forget we started a season without a central striker and after 6 games he brought Maupay in. Seriously lacking an effective striker, recalled Simms after sending him out then spent £25m on Beto who had cost significantly less 12 months earlier. Not sure how many he acquired that are now valued higher.

We cannot afford anyone established at clubs like united, chelsea etc due to their wages and transfer fees. If we sell, we sell for cash. None of this player swap rubbish that nearly never happens anyway.

It is just the tabloids way of trying to help Branthwaite along to Utd and scrap their deadwood.

Mote than any other time in recent history we need players with value. Maguire does not qualify.

Thats 3 years old, when he was 19.

He has been starting for Germany u21s and last played in March for them so hopefully hes improved since that horrific video lol

“ If he can actually run and plays out wide “

I have never seen him play, but he is a CM not a winger

Asprilla is a winger.

£70 million plus Maguire (50/50 spilt on wages) on loan for a season wouldn’t be bad- but no way on earth should we be signing him permanently.

Joe Anderson would call the police.

Given the financial position of the club I can see two things:

1. Onana, Pickford and Branthwaite will be sold before the end of June.

2. Free transfers and loans will be used to replenish the squad before the transfer deadline (with a self imposed wage cap).

@Syrup ive been watching youtube videos of Bellingham lol

I see what you mean now comparing him with Gray's talent. Both boys will probably partner in England u21 midfield before too long.

For the Onana fee, why wouldnt we use most of it on these two :eek: if we can spend what we bring in.

Just so many positives to this.