Summer 2024 transfer thread.

No one is replacing Raya this summer and we can't afford to swap Pickfords wages for Ramsdale wages. We need to be doing the opposite. Any player we sell, we need to replace them with a player whose wage is over 50% less than the player leaving.

We need to massively trim that wage bill

Pickford is far better than Raya. Also Ramsdale may take a pay cut than sit on the bench.

No one is replacing Raya this summer and we can't afford to swap Pickfords wages for Ramsdale wages. We need to be doing the opposite. Any player we sell, we need to replace them with a player whose wage is over 50% less than the player leaving.

We need to massively trim that wage bill
On one hand yes, on the other - it's trimming itself this summer as we have several players on high money being off the wage books (I HOPE).

Someone did the math and I cba searching for it, but we've got Dele, Coleman, Gomes, Young, Gueye (option to extend for a year) out of contract, that's a lot of money off right there. I assume we pay some of the loaned in players' wages too, so that's off too.

On one hand yes, on the other - it's trimming itself this summer as we have several players on high money being off the wage books (I HOPE).

Someone did the math and I cba searching for it, but we've got Dele, Coleman, Gomes, Young, Gueye (option to extend for a year) out of contract, that's a lot of money off right there. I assume we pay some of the loaned in players' wages too, so that's off too.

I think it was me...

Dele
Coleman
Young
Gomes
Gana
Lonergan
Danjuma
Harrison

Surely were talking circa £650k a week there?

I know mate but then we seem to get high earners off the wage bill and replace them with more high earners.

We said the same after the likes of Tosun, Schneiderlin, Walcott, then it was Bernard, Rodriguez, Gylfi wages off the books but we seem to then go and hand deals out or contract extensions where we're paying too much money

The minute we get to grips with our wage bill and stop paying players wages as if we are a top 6/7 club is when the scouting then becomes more focused on emerging talent or players who have lost their way and looking for a loan.

I know mate but then we seem to get high earners off the wage bill and replace them with more high earners.

We said the same after the likes of Tosun, Schneiderlin, Walcott, then it was Bernard, Rodriguez, Gylfi wages off the books but we seem to then go and hand deals out or contract extensions where we're paying too much money

The minute we get to grips with our wage bill and stop paying players wages as if we are a top 6/7 club is when the scouting then becomes more focused on emerging talent or players who have lost their way and looking for a loan.
I don't think we'll be an option for the high earners anyway and we'll have to bargain bin shop this summer anyway. Hopefully no one does some mental crap and offers limited players massive wages though...

Following extensive YouTube and Transfermarkt scouting I’ve found the best replacements for Onana:
Varela (Porto)
Florentino (Benfica)
Hjulmand (Sporting)
Thuram (Nice)
Andre (Fluminese)
Ricci (Salernitana)
should be able to get one of them with the Onana money even after part of it goes to the debts/stadium/Lille. Could potentially get Lavia or Ugochukwu on loan from Chelsea. Bayern have also got a 19 year old gem called Pavlovic, could get him as part of a swap for Onana.