Summer 2024 transfer thread.

I admire everyone’s optimism but genuine question - even with the likely sales of Branthwaite and Onana will we have any cash? Beto and Chermiti down payments will be due and given the loans that we owe. Truth is that if we want to progress we need to keep producing saleable assets and get to the point where our revenue increases so that we can start keeping the Branthwaites.

Leeds are looking dicey for promotion.

Be having a look at what deals for Summerville and Gnonto may look like.

Leeds financially need to be promoted to hold their best.

Gnonto hasn't really kicked on from his initial impact. Guess that means he could be obtained at cheap price but can't see him elevating the team much.

Summerville is ready to play prem league now, been excellent this season. Think Burnley had a 25m bid rejected last summer so that will be the issue.

Gnonto hasn't really kicked on from his initial impact. Guess that means he could be obtained at cheap price but can't see him elevating the team much.

Summerville is ready to play prem league now, been excellent this season. Think Burnley had a 25m bid rejected last summer so that will be the issue.

Word on the ground is Leeds might be in a bit of trouble financially unless they go up, it’s less about their losses this year, more to do with big contract players returning and big sums in transfer fees owed and falling due mate. Apparently they need cash.

Cant see us back in for gnonto if honest just well off the price leeds want. Could see asprilla as well they will be stuck and will want to get money in

100% think he is a great player when they played here was quality. Think be great if braithwaite is sold we could get him on a free, can see alot of clubs in for him tho liverpool newcastle ect

Yeah has that come out now wasnt sure if he just had a one yr deal. Would have been great on a free, any chance he put in his deal if everton come in for him he could go on a free if they go down 😂

Will stay in London I suspect. Spurs been linked and West Ham could do with a CB who can actually run.

Harwood-Bellis more realistic if Southampton don't come up and Man. City might want to give him a prem loan before selling to get his value up.

20 mill think the option was if they went up, would be a great loan if we could keep Branthwaite for one more season to get him ready to step up season after

Leeds are looking dicey for promotion.

Be having a look at what deals for Summerville and Gnonto may look like.

Leeds financially need to be promoted to hold their best.

Good shout that. Wasn't he keeping Branthwaite out of the U21s side last summer? As crazy as that seems now.

Has been highly rated would be the right profilr to target, think Branthwaite has helped being at a better level. If he was an option could get a similar step up in quatlity to branthwaite. But well i do think branthwaite is similar to rooney and others just pure quality

Word on the ground is Leeds might be in a bit of trouble financially unless they go up, it’s less about their losses this year, more to do with big contract players returning and big sums in transfer fees owed and falling due mate. Apparently they need cash.

Imagine if Leeds didnt go up...

Summerville, Gnonto could be available but also Archie Gray :eek:

Southampton having to let Harwood-Bellis return to City is a massive body blow for them.

Also the boy Asprilla at Watford and no doubt a few more of these young talents will be available.

Alot resting on the takeover and sales we can do.

Southampton having to let Harwood-Bellis return to City is a massive body blow for them.

Also the boy Asprilla at Watford and no doubt a few more of these young talents will be available.

Wonder if that loan clause with Harrison is a one off thing or we can renew for a second season.

Young Archie i believe is dye in wool Leeds mate, think he will be there for a couple of seasons mate.

Believe his young brother is even better.

Young Archie i believe is dye in wool Leeds mate, think he will be there for a couple of seasons mate.

Believe his young brother is even better.

Theyre in the championship and i think it may be a bit like Wayne Rooney is an Evertonian.

If they need the money and weve made a good sale on Onana & Maupay + Holgate are sold quickly.

Never know with £30-40mil

Theyre in the championship and i think it may be a bit like Wayne Rooney is an Evertonian.

If they need the money and weve made a good sale on Onana & Maupay + Holgate are sold quickly.

Never know with £30-40mil

Dont see us doing anything exciting mate to be honest, we are clocking a 90 mill loss - even after selling players.

Be journey men, loans and frees in my opinion.

Ive become one with it.

….bit of a concern we have a DoF reportedly willing to pay £25m for Gnonto.

In under 18 games worth of minutes he has 8 goals and 2 assists. I think thats pretty impressive for a 20 year old?

Dont see us doing anything exciting mate to be honest, we are clocking a 90 mill loss - even after selling players.

Be journey men, loans and frees in my opinion.

Ive become one with it.

Theres alot of players out of contract, in a year there will be sponsors coughing up cash due to the stadium.

New owners have to have a plan to improve and its not going to involve selling better players and replacing with rubbish.

We need to be improving the team performance to increase revenue streams then the firms we owe the loans too will get their money back with interest.

They wont want us relegated or in administration.

In under 18 games worth of minutes he has 8 goals and 2 assists. I think thats pretty impressive for a 20 year old?

Theres alot of players out of contract, in a year there will be sponsors coughing up cash due to the stadium.

New owners have to have a plan to improve and its not going to involve selling better players and replacing with rubbish.

We need to be improving the team performance to increase revenue streams then the firms we owe the loans too will get their money back with interest.

They wont want us relegated or in administration.

Not enough in my opinion mate, we loose to much money and the black hole it too big, you cant raise near 70 mill in player sales and still loose 90 mill, that wont have improved enough in a year. We are doing little and prob nothing inspiring in my opinion. - sadly.

Not enough in my opinion mate, we loose to much money and the black hole it too big, you cant raise near 70 mill in player sales and still loose 90 mill, that wont have improved enough in a year. We are doing little and prob nothing inspiring in my opinion. - sadly.

You have to factor in all of the past costs that the club have been paying for + wages.

Gomes alone is £6mil a year in salary.

Lonergan
Coleman
Young
Gana
Dele
Gomes
Harrison
Danjuma

Surely thats circa £35mil a year purely in wages...

Then look at Keane, Godfrey, Holgate and how much theyre taking home and probably another £12.5mil there too.

Not far off £50mil going on 11 players wages that can be replaced with 5 players on far lower salaries.

You have to factor in all of the past costs that the club have been paying for + wages.

Gomes alone is £6mil a year in salary.

Lonergan
Coleman
Young
Gana
Dele
Gomes
Harrison
Danjuma

Surely thats circa £35mil a year purely in wages...

Then look at Keane, Godfrey, Holgate and how much theyre taking home and probably another £12.5mil there too.

Not far off £50mil going on 11 players wages that can be replaced with 5 players on far lower salaries.

Last financial year mate, we lost £90 mill and sold Gordon and Kean for the guts of £70 mill and one or two others.

That's a £160 mill black hole, the above you mention is a drop in the ocean, even if we've reduced any costs, we haven't made up £160 mill in a year - no where near - and that's just to break even before investing. We brought in about £42 mill in fees (thus far) this financial year. Still a £120 mill black hole.

Hence if we do anything its journeymen, loans and frees in my opinion.

Last edited:
Last financial year mate, we lost 90 mill and sold Gordon and Kean for the guts of 70 mill and one or two others.

That's a 160 mill black hole, the above you mention is a drop in the ocean, even if we've reduced any costs, we haven't made up 160 mill a year - no where near - and that's just to break even before investing. We brought in about 42 mill in fees (thus far) this financial year. Still a £120 mill black hole.

Hence if we do anything its journeymen, loans and frees in my opinion.

….i would add into that; ‘diamonds’.

Not too long ago we paid £1m for Branthwaite; £1m DCL; £2m Stones. A truly outstanding DoF has global contacts and is aware of real potential stars before they become household names.

Many of the players we were linked with last summer (inc Beto) needed to be acquired in their previous move. It’s like we’re finding out about them when everybody else knows rather than being a step ahead.