Summer 2024 transfer thread.

OUT = 15 Players
Too much of a risk to completly overhaul the team this season, it will take too much time for them to find: Got to do it step by step.

Let expire:
Lonergan, Holgate, Dele, Gomes, Danjuma, Harrison, Young

Extend another year:
Gueye, Coleman
(we already lose a lot of players, still good enough to have a few games and be a squad player). I know you disagree, but we need experience as well.

Most surely to get rid
Maupay, Holgate

Rumored players to leave:
Onana, Brantwhaite

Players with 1 year left
Doucoure, DCL, Godfrey, Dobbin, Onyango, Keane, Virginia (try to extend some or get rid)

Players with a long term contract
GK: Pickford
FB: Myko, Patt
CB: Tarks
DM/CM: Garner
Wing: McNeil
CAM:
ST: Chermiti, Beto

It's gonna be a lot of work.

OUT = 15 Players

Lonergan
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Young
Coleman
Doucoure
Gomes
Gana
Dele
Harrison
Danjuma
DCL
Beto
Maupay

SQUAD = 12 Players

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer
LB: Mykolenko
CB: Branthwaite
CB: Tarkowski
RB: Patterson
DM: Onana
LM: McNeil / Dobbin
CM: Garner
CM:
RM:
CF: Chermiti

MINIMUM INS = 9 Players

1 × LB/LCB
1 × CB
1 × RB/RCB
1 × DM/CM
2 × CM
2 × RW/LW
1 × CF

A massive recycle of players.
Remember when I asked if you understood football??

This is proof that you don’t

@Eggs what do you do with waste & unwanted rubbish?

Flush it and bin it.

….it’s a sign of the clubs incompetence, acquiring & putting ordinary footballers on extraordinary contracts. Inevitably such players are not wanted by other clubs and the players are unwilling to move and take a financial hit. Stalemate.

Unless you can make it financially attractive for them to move, the best you can hope for is a succession of loan moves until contracts expire.

Sadly, that’s the reality.

Remember when I asked if you understood football??

This is proof that you don’t
Seems like someone wants to transform Sega football manager into real life. Worst thing you can do to do like 100 changes in 3 years, and restart with a completely new team every season that will need 10 games to find each other or so at least.

Seems like someone wants to transform Sega football manager into real life. Worst thing you can do to do like 100 changes in 3 years, and restart with a completely new team every season that will need 10 games to find each other or so at least.

If the choices were:

Make a handful of changes

OR

Have a major clearout

Then id choose the clearout. Why keep poor players? Why pay poor players high wages?

If theyre not good enough, you have to move them on.

I haven't seen one yet, so I might as well start one now.

I think any budget we have will be dictated by player sales in particular the likely sale of Maupay and the possible sales of Branthwaite and/or Onana.

Loan deals and free transfers likely.

I am hoping that any money spent will be on younger players that we can develop.

Above all bring some creativity into the club.
Good subject and not your fault this will be a very thin thread.

OUT = 15 Players

Lonergan
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Young
Coleman
Doucoure
Gomes
Gana
Dele
Harrison
Danjuma
DCL
Beto
Maupay

SQUAD = 12 Players

CM:
RM:

MINIMUM INS = 9 Players

1 × LB/LCB
1 × CB
1 × RB/RCB
1 × DM/CM
2 × CM
2 × RW/LW
1 × CF

Even by your standards, this is nuts.

OUT = 15 Players

Lonergan
Godfrey
Keane - Nope
Holgate - Nope
Young
Coleman
Doucoure - Nope
Gomes
Gana
Dele
Harrison
Danjuma
DCL - Nope
Beto - Nope
Maupay

OUT = 15 Players

Lonergan
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Young
Coleman
Doucoure
Gomes
Gana
Dele
Harrison
Danjuma
DCL
Beto
Maupay

SQUAD = 12 Players

CM:
RM:

MINIMUM INS = 9 Players

1 × LB/LCB
1 × CB
1 × RB/RCB
1 × DM/CM
2 × CM
2 × RW/LW
1 × CF

doubletake.gif

If the choices were:

OR

Have a major clearout

Then id choose the clearout. Why keep poor players? Why pay poor players high wages?

Probably no one disagrees that the squad composition needs a big change. We will lose several players even without the ones rumored or being 1 year left in contract. So it's just poison to completely do it at once.

We clear out some "poor or injury prone players" like Young, Alli or Gomes by leaving those contracts expire this season, which gives us space to replace with players that can strengthen our team. I see Gueye and Coleman as still good enough to get a few games, not as main starter anymore.

The real planning can't begin before we even know what division we play next season.

If the choices were:

OR

Have a major clearout

….Groundhog Day; it’s difficult to move poor players on extraordinary contracts. The aspiration is to buy good footballers regardless of your budget.

It’s all good and well lauding the signings of Beto/Chermiti because we don’t have to pay the fee immediately but it’s still dreadful business if you’re buying ordinary players. All you’re doing with such deals is delaying the same inevitable cycle.

Be it £1m or £30m, buy good footballers and you don’t go far wrong. Sounds simple, but that’s why the DoF is paid big bucks to get it right.