Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Dyche will be all over Antonio if he leaves West Ham. Or Chris Wood if Forest get relegated and need to cut costs.

The sad thing is....both significantly the team as CF! 🤣
Tbf, Chris Wood hit 10+ goals in 5 different seasons in prem at least, not the worst option 4 of them under a low-scoring and dire Dyche side. Would like to have someone to do that here.

Last edited:
Dyche will be all over Antonio if he leaves West Ham. Or Chris Wood if Forest get relegated and need to cut costs.

The sad thing is....both significantly the team as CF! 🤣
Dom will be in the last year of his contract so even if we will flog him i doubt we get anything more than 15m. But indeed a new striker is needed

Be prepared for the squad to consist of Tarks, Young, Holgate, Coleman, Gueye, Garner, one of the 3 strikers, Dobbin, McNeil, Virginia, U21 players and whatever loans/frees we can cobble together because this squad is getting hugely ripped up given tonight’s news
shambles is i doubt we have a lot of U21's to make the jump. Players like Warrington / Onyango havent had succesfull loans. Mills maybe. Only if we get relegated it it an option to blood more youngsters

With Everton you never know what is coming next....apart from that it will be more bad news..

I think the level of loss on the accounts revealed yesterday stunned everybody.

It moves relegation from possible to probable.

We will lose all our best players Onana,Branthwaite and Pickford and we will try to move on the expensive ones like Michael Keane, if possible. He

We know there are players like Tarkoswki, Mykolenko, Garner,McNeill, Patterson we would like to keep but they may want to stay in the Premiership and we won't be able to refuse any decent offer.

Kevin Thelwell may have a very busy summer ahead.

Drafted this list of 777 clubs prospects initially in the winter window but considering the sale did not get done will throw with updates on the summer window thread. With the rumors and expectation 777 does get done and Johannes Spors would be installed as DoF, this is a compiled list of players from the portfolio. Performance wise yes, most of the clubs are struggling, but there are some engaging names and or precedence of development structures. Id also say that the talent levels of where their clubs are is also engaging for league scouting and or loanees in and out. Evaluations via Transfermarkt.

Genoa

Mateo Retegui, 24, Argentina/Italy, ST 16 million

Morten Frendrup, 22, Denmark, CM CDM 10 million

Koni De Winter 21, Belgium, CB (covers at RB) 10 million (option to buy from Juve)

Alan Matturro, 19, Uruguay, CB (covers at LB LM) 4 million

Genoa is the standout success of the group. They've gone younger in recruiting to pretty convincing results under Spors. They’ve been buying from power academies, seemingly being a way for youths to break into first team football. They’ve also been looking in South America as well. Definitely the best pool prospect wise and are operating the most competently out of the clubs (hence likely their leadership team becoming the likely names at the helm in a possible transition). Frendrup likely could enter the premier League may have larger level suitors. Retegui is a new arrival but transitioning smoothly from Argentina. De Winter has increased in quality impressively over the season. Matturro rawer but possible add in some exits or squad depth.

Brondby

Mathias Kvistgaarden, 21, Denmark, ST 5 million

Kvistgaarden is the standout with links to mid european leagues. Will note Frendrup came from Brondby to Genoa so a demonstration of 777 doing some internal deals. Not sure others but one of the few big clubs in Denmark so would expect a decent academy and opportunities in Scandinavia.

Standard Liege

Cihan Çanak, 18, Belgium/Turkey AM (covers at LW and RW) 3.5 million

Not sure about the academy. Meddling club in the country. Canak the standout but a very raw flyer prospect at this point. That said talent is obviously abundant in Belgium so possible networks in the league.

Hertha BSC

Márton Dárdai 21, Germany, CB 2.5 million

Bence Dardai 17, Germany CAM, CM 2 million

Drop in a division has meant tough times for Hertha. Harder to parse the level. Not a lot of marked prospects. Dardai brothers (sons of the manager) seem to be the standouts. Marton has been linked to some of the smarter Bundesliga clubs. Bence has had links in the past to european powerhouses a bit as a high ceiling prospect.

Vasco Da Gama

Lucas Piton 23, Italy LB 6 million

Go through Vasco’s past and there is a fair bit of talent thats gone through the club. Quick research and it seems its considered a better end talent developer in Brazil as demonstrated by recent sales of Marlon Gomes to Shakhtar and Gabriel Pec to LA Galaxy this last winter. Piton seems to be the standout remaining player right now and has been linked to moves in Italy.

Sevilla

Loïc Badé, 23, France CB 14 million

Isaac Romero, 23 Spain ST, (covers at LW, RW) 15 million

Hannibal Mejbri, 21, Tunisia CAM, (covers at RW),12 million (option to buy 20 million from Man U)

Tanguy Nianzou, 21, France CB 4 million

Lucien Agoumé 22, France, CDM, 4 million (option to buy 8 million from Inter)

After having seemed to be an aging squad Sevilla has had some youth insurge in the squad. Romero has emerged this season from the B team (maybe a sign of a good current academy structure). More readymade veterans would also be available. They've also agreed to a lot of option loanees. Also worth noting they've done business for players with Hertha most recently with Lukébakio. Another sign of 777 doing internal deals.

Dont have anything on Red Star or Melbourne Victory considering the levels.

Drafted this list of 777 clubs prospects initially in the winter window but considering the sale did not get done will throw with updates on the summer window thread. With the rumors and expectation 777 does get done and Johannes Spors would be installed as DoF, this is a compiled list of players from the portfolio. Performance wise yes, most of the clubs are struggling, but there are some engaging names and or precedence of development structures. Id also say that the talent levels of where their clubs are is also engaging for league scouting and or loanees in and out. Evaluations via Transfermarkt.

Genoa

Mateo Retegui, 24, Argentina/Italy, ST 16 million

Morten Frendrup, 22, Denmark, CM CDM 10 million

Koni De Winter 21, Belgium, CB (covers at RB) 10 million (option to buy from Juve)

Alan Matturro, 19, Uruguay, CB (covers at LB LM) 4 million

Genoa is the standout success of the group. They've gone younger in recruiting to pretty convincing results under Spors. They’ve been buying from power academies, seemingly being a way for youths to break into first team football. They’ve also been looking in South America as well. Definitely the best pool prospect wise and are operating the most competently out of the clubs (hence likely their leadership team becoming the likely names at the helm in a possible transition). Frendrup likely could enter the premier League may have larger level suitors. Retegui is a new arrival but transitioning smoothly from Argentina. De Winter has increased in quality impressively over the season. Matturro rawer but possible add in some exits or squad depth.

Brondby

Mathias Kvistgaarden, 21, Denmark, ST 5 million

Kvistgaarden is the standout with links to mid european leagues. Will note Frendrup came from Brondby to Genoa so a demonstration of 777 doing some internal deals. Not sure others but one of the few big clubs in Denmark so would expect a decent academy and opportunities in Scandinavia.

Standard Liege

Cihan Çanak, 18, Belgium/Turkey AM (covers at LW and RW) 3.5 million

Not sure about the academy. Meddling club in the country. Canak the standout but a very raw flyer prospect at this point. That said talent is obviously abundant in Belgium so possible networks in the league.

Hertha BSC

Márton Dárdai 21, Germany, CB 2.5 million

Bence Dardai 17, Germany CAM, CM 2 million

Drop in a division has meant tough times for Hertha. Harder to parse the level. Not a lot of marked prospects. Dardai brothers (sons of the manager) seem to be the standouts. Marton has been linked to some of the smarter Bundesliga clubs. Bence has had links in the past to european powerhouses a bit as a high ceiling prospect.

Vasco Da Gama

Lucas Piton 23, Italy LB 6 million

Go through Vasco’s past and there is a fair bit of talent thats gone through the club. Quick research and it seems its considered a better end talent developer in Brazil as demonstrated by recent sales of Marlon Gomes to Shakhtar and Gabriel Pec to LA Galaxy this last winter. Piton seems to be the standout remaining player right now and has been linked to moves in Italy.

Sevilla

Loïc Badé, 23, France CB 14 million

Isaac Romero, 23 Spain ST, (covers at LW, RW) 15 million

Hannibal Mejbri, 21, Tunisia CAM, (covers at RW),12 million (option to buy 20 million from Man U)

Tanguy Nianzou, 21, France CB 4 million

Lucien Agoumé 22, France, CDM, 4 million (option to buy 8 million from Inter)

After having seemed to be an aging squad Sevilla has had some youth insurge in the squad. Romero has emerged this season from the B team (maybe a sign of a good current academy structure). More readymade veterans would also be available. They've also agreed to a lot of option loanees. Also worth noting they've done business for players with Hertha most recently with Lukébakio. Another sign of 777 doing internal deals.

Dont have anything on Red Star or Melbourne Victory considering the levels.
Brondby are an MSP club not 777 mate

Seems as tho this is the speculation thread, I will speculate.

Manager :

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
João Virgínia
Billy Crellin

Right Backs
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski
Michael Keane
Ben Godfrey
Mason Holgate

Midfield
James Garner
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Idrissa Gueye

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil
Lewis Dobbin

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Youssef Chermiti
Beto

Total players 17

This is how I personally envisage how the squad looks like on 1st July, some leeway has been taken, I suspect that Maupay will not return, I suspect that Onana and Branners will be moved on, not before 1st July probably, but hey ho, im speculating. I am not sure about Gana, for now hes there, but who knows.

Its also possible that some players will sign extensions, but again, speculation.

Now if we assume that in an ideal world we need a 25 player squad, that leaves us short on 8 players, there is a line of thought that we could get by with less than 25 and we do have some players returning from loan that arent named above.

Now also lets assume that we sold Onana, Branners and Maupay for 130million pounds, my question would be, whats the point in us even playing games next season? And which areas do we need to improve other than EVERYTHING.

For me, those CBs, Tarks aside, would keep me up at night, VERY light at both fullbacks, Midfield and the wide areas, Strikers, I love me some Dom and the big fella is ok, Chermo not been given a chance, as such, but I dunno, its just terrible isnt it? God, I was trying to cheer myself with some transfer speculation and now im just SAD.

TL;DR
Who we buying peeps?

Seems as tho this is the speculation thread, I will speculate.

Manager :

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
João Virgínia
Billy Crellin

Right Backs
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski
Michael Keane
Ben Godfrey
Mason Holgate

Midfield
James Garner
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Idrissa Gueye

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil
Lewis Dobbin

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Youssef Chermiti
Beto

Total players 17

This is how I personally envisage how the squad looks like on 1st July, some leeway has been taken, I suspect that Maupay will not return, I suspect that Onana and Branners will be moved on, not before 1st July probably, but hey ho, im speculating. I am not sure about Gana, for now hes there, but who knows.

Its also possible that some players will sign extensions, but again, speculation.

Now if we assume that in an ideal world we need a 25 player squad, that leaves us short on 8 players, there is a line of thought that we could get by with less than 25 and we do have some players returning from loan that arent named above.

Now also lets assume that we sold Onana, Branners and Maupay for 130million pounds, my question would be, whats the point in us even playing games next season? And which areas do we need to improve other than EVERYTHING.

For me, those CBs, Tarks aside, would keep me up at night, VERY light at both fullbacks, Midfield and the wide areas, Strikers, I love me some Dom and the big fella is ok, Chermo not been given a chance, as such, but I dunno, its just terrible isnt it? God, I was trying to cheer myself with some transfer speculation and now im just SAD.

TL;DR
Who we buying peeps?
We're going to need a lot of players, and won't have many pennies to buy them with, after we've paid our bills.

And that's before getting to the ones we'd really like to shift and replace, like Keane, Godfrey, et al.

Will be an interesting summer.