Summer 2024 transfer thread.

I’m more referring to you waffling on about Illing Junior opportunity, and now Archie Gray who you’ve probably never watched - because if you have you’d see he’s not that good

Also, we have no money
I do think we will have a transfer budget, unfortunately it will be funded by the sale of Branthwaite and Onana. I expect we will get money for Maupay as well.

We will lose the wages of Gomes and Dele which is important and then at last I think we are more or less free of players purchased for big money, on big wages and never involved in match day squads, although that is a little harsh on Andre Gomes.

What we can't do is repeat the mistakes of the past in getting huge fees for players and reinvesting badly.
We can't afford players already at their peak and certainly not players who are already past theirs. We can't afford players already on huge wages.

This summer is a huge test for Kevin Thelwell as he will have to build a squad on a shoestring.

I’m more referring to you waffling on about Illing Junior opportunity, and now Archie Gray who you’ve probably never watched - because if you have you’d see he’s not that good

Also, we have no money

Well, if you followed the rest of my post then it would be logical for new owners to invest in improving the squad.

Ergo we would have 'some' money. Not to mention moving on unwanted players...i doubt Iling Junior would cost much more than Maupay moving.

The Leeds fans I know love Archie Gray. Just saying

But you are right. We have no money

Id heard of him ages ago before he suffered an injury but have seen him online and he doesnt look like a kid.

Not their best player im sure but someone who looks a prime candidate to go up the levels into the full England squad in a few seasons (same as Iling Junior).

If we sold Onana then I think Gray + Iling Junior would be an overall upgrade.

I do think we will have a transfer budget, unfortunately it will be funded by the sale of Branthwaite and Onana. I expect we will get money for Maupay as well.

We will lose the wages of Gomes and Dele which is important and then at last I think we are more or less free of players purchased for big money, on big wages and never involved in match day squads, although that is a little harsh on Andre Gomes.

What we can't do is repeat the mistakes of the past in getting huge fees for players and reinvesting badly.
We can't afford players already at their peak and certainly not players who are already past theirs. We can't afford players already on huge wages.

This summer is a huge test for Kevin Thelwell as he will have to build a squad on a shoestring.

Why would either MSP or 777 purchase the club as their marquee (football) investment and not invest in the squad (risking relegation)?

It makes no sense to me if we didnt have any budget.

Well, if you followed the rest of my post then it would be logical for new owners to invest in improving the squad.

Ergo we would have 'some' money. Not to mention moving on unwanted players...i doubt Iling Junior would cost much more than Maupay moving.

Id heard of him ages ago before he suffered an injury but have seen him online and he doesnt look like a kid.

Not their best player im sure but someone who looks a prime candidate to go up the levels into the full England squad in a few seasons (same as Iling Junior).

If we sold Onana then I think Gray + Iling Junior would be an overall upgrade.
Gray wouldn't swap Leeds for us. His family has close ties to the club.

So we’re going to be 5 down that’ll need replacing instantly, 2 of half decent quality in the middle of the park. Then looking to replace Danjuma and Harrison

Money going out for Beto and Young Youssef.

I think Young will be offered a new contract along with Seamus, we’ll sign Harrison on the drip and then look at some 28/29 year old centre back and midfielders to plug gaps for a year and couple of loans for the wings.

I think Dyche will want 14 players who will follow his instructions word for word

So we’re going to be 5 down that’ll need replacing instantly, 2 of half decent quality in the middle of the park. Then looking to replace Danjuma and Harrison

I think Young will be offered a new contract along with Seamus, we’ll sign Harrison on the drip and then look at some 28/29 year old centre back and midfielders to plug gaps for a year and couple of loans for the wings.

I think Dyche will want 14 players who will follow his instructions word for word
This will be interesting as Thelwell said a few weeks back that we won't be paying money for 27 year olds+ in the future, could be the first stumbling block between him and Dyche.

Maxence Lacroix of Wolfsburg linked to us Juve & Milan for €20mil due to his contract expiring in 2025...per Bild.

I don't think you can count Dele or Gomes and Maupay has been on loan all season so realistically we are down two... albeit an extremely important two.

Danjuma has contributed very little all season and I certainly think he will leave.
Harrisson has played a lot but I certainly would not spend much money on him to be honest. Useful as a squad player at a price but that would be it for me.

I think we may see some younger players join the squad from the academy like Mills (certainly) , Campbell, Welch (maybe).

But, we certainly need to add five or six to the squad probably through loan deals, players at the end of contracts and a couple of signing.

This will be interesting as Thelwell said a few weeks back that we won't be paying money for 27 year olds+ in the future, could be the first stumbling block between him and Dyche.
Yeah big Kev does like to talk a good game. He’s given good old Sean 4 attacking players, 3 of them have splinters in their arse

IMO if the club has no money and Dyche stays, we’ll go old experienced heads - English of course

I don't think you can count Dele or Gomes and Maupay has been on loan all season so realistically we are down two... albeit an extremely important two.

Danjuma has contributed very little all season and I certainly think he will leave.
Harrisson has played a lot but I certainly would not spend much money on him to be honest. Useful as a squad player at a price but that would be it for me.

I think we may see some younger players join the squad from the academy like Mills (certainly) , Campbell, Welch (maybe).

But, we certainly need to add five or six to the squad probably through loan deals, players at the end of contracts and a couple of signing.
You need to count Gomes and Danjuma because they have been squad options and will need to be replaced

The kids won’t have a chance, Dyche said so himself a couple of weeks ago when basically stating there is nobody in the U21’s remotely good enough.

And he doesn’t coach these youngsters, like Ellis , he asks them what their weaknesses are, the tells them to figure out how to improve it by themselves.