Summer 2024 transfer thread.

I'm sorry, what????

I'm not even gonna ask where, that's just crazy talk.

Just google him and £40mil. Was in a few places saying £30-40mil him and Pickford each but were looking at the top end of the range.

£80mil for the pair would be a miracle.

DCL has a year left on his deal and weve got Beto & Chermiti as possible replacements.

Pickford at 30 is going to be at peak value this summer.

Both present pure profit on the books.

I fully expect both players to be here next season & DCL having a contract extension.

Regardless of a rule change in the summer, we are still under the current rules. So unless we want another 4/5 points deduction next season, someone has to go before the end of June.

Club will know that and lowball us. Same with Forest. Issue we have is some of the buying clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd, Villa and Newcastle etc may have to sell to buy so it narrows down the options. Hope Bayern do come in early for Onana then we can hold on for Branthwaites value.
I'd take a points deduction over losing £30/40m

A lot of our spending/transfers will depend on whether we get taken over.

Hopefully we get a board and owner capable of making sensible decisions with a influx of new investment.

Our squad will be need a 4/5 new faces before we lose Onana and/or Branthwaite.

We need to stay in this league first and foremost then make a decision on the management with Dyche and Thetwell under pressure.

Free Transfers and loans will be key

I imagine we will be looking to bring stop gaps in, Probably on frees/loans..

I by no way condone or think the below is acceptable, but image it's along the lines of what we'll see...

Fulham have a few out of contract this summer Tosin Adarabioyo, De Cordova Reid (Surprised he's got 6 in 27 this season) & Tete all might be worth a look?

Ben Johnson & Antonio were linked last year, they're both out of contract too?

Expect us to be linked with Charlie Taylor and Josh Brownhill.

I thought at the time Ben Brereton Diaz would have been a good option on a free, obviously not worked out in Spain for him, but shown he can do it in a struggling Sheffield United side... I'd take him on loan with an option.

What a time to be alive. Such good times..

Just google him and £40mil. Was in a few places saying £30-40mil him and Pickford each but were looking at the top end of the range.

£80mil for the pair would be a miracle.

I feel Pickford should be more than £40m. He is the best English goalkeeer and has been for a long time.

I feel like this summer we are going to sell our best players (again) then the premier league will announce that PSR has been dropped in favour of a “Luxury Tax” and hit us with a transfer ban, for a reason they haven’t invented yet.

No way can we afford Harrison
I find it interesting we haven't started him recently. I don't think there is a long term option there.

Free transfers to bulk up the squad (Taylor, Brownhill etc). Low-mid fees for some in the last year of their contract (Maupay, Godfrey types), one out of the two crown jewels sold (Onana or Branthwaite), and one or two young players brought in we'll have to sell on in a few years (Asprilla from Watford, the Danish mid from Girona, maybe).

Something along those lines is what I'd expect.

I'm of the mind that we need to just sell as much as we can get away with to generate as much £££ this summer as we can.

It's imperative that we go into next season with our house properly in order - absolutely no more of the PSR breach bollocks.