Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Whichever league we’re in come the summer I’d be moving on a lot of the deadwood. Doucoure might attract interest from Saudi, Coleman is done, Young should be released, plus Maupay, Holgate, Keane. Danjuma and Harrison have done nothing to justify keeping them so 2 better loans need to be taken up.

Whichever league we’re in come the summer I’d be moving on a lot of the deadwood. Doucoure might attract interest from Saudi, Coleman is done, Young should be released, plus Maupay, Holgate, Keane. Danjuma and Harrison have done nothing to justify keeping them so 2 better loans need to be taken up.
This is almost why relegation has to happen. It finally purges the detritus that have doomed us and forces change.

Almost.

Being a glass half empty guy, assuming we get relegated and have to ship out most of the squad, we're going to need a lot of recruitment likely free transfers. We'll likely need to be after the following potential free agents to have a chance of a bounce back (I've considered that the below would also have a good chance of wanting to come to us. There will be better players available, but unlikely to want to come here)

GK - Rui Patricio / Matt Ryan
CB - Lloyd Kelly (we'll end up with John Egan or McNair unfortunately!)
LB - Harrison Burrows (Peterborough)
RB - Ben Johnson / Jayden Bogle
CM - Wanyama / Chalobah / Lundstram / Will Hughes / Brownhill
LW - Tello
RW - Markovic
CF - Antonio / McBurnie

Terrible to comprehend, but something we should prepare for (hopefully never happens)

Being a glass half empty guy, assuming we get relegated and have to ship out most of the squad, we're going to need a lot of recruitment likely free transfers. We'll likely need to be after the following potential free agents to have a chance of a bounce back (I've considered that the below would also have a good chance of wanting to come to us. There will be better players available, but unlikely to want to come here)

GK - Rui Patricio / Matt Ryan
CB - Lloyd Kelly (we'll end up with John Egan or McNair unfortunately!)
LB - Harrison Burrows (Peterborough)
RB - Ben Johnson / Jayden Bogle
CM - Wanyama / Chalobah / Lundstram / Will Hughes / Brownhill
LW - Tello
RW - Markovic
CF - Antonio / McBurnie

Terrible to comprehend, but something we should prepare for (hopefully never happens)
The day Will Hughes and/or McBurnie line up in our royal blue jersey I am done.

I change me mind every 5 mins over where we need to strengthen most urgently, one minute it’s the full backs then it’s the wingers , the strikers too now the centre mid needs a overhaul, what a mess