Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Being a glass half empty guy, assuming we get relegated and have to ship out most of the squad, we're going to need a lot of recruitment likely free transfers. We'll likely need to be after the following potential free agents to have a chance of a bounce back (I've considered that the below would also have a good chance of wanting to come to us. There will be better players available, but unlikely to want to come here)

GK - Rui Patricio / Matt Ryan
CB - Lloyd Kelly (we'll end up with John Egan or McNair unfortunately!)
LB - Harrison Burrows (Peterborough)
RB - Ben Johnson / Jayden Bogle
CM - Wanyama / Chalobah / Lundstram / Will Hughes / Brownhill
LW - Tello
RW - Markovic
CF - Antonio / McBurnie

Terrible to comprehend, but something we should prepare for (hopefully never happens)
So we get rid of a load of over paid has beens with another pile of.......over paid has beens.

I agree with a clear out , everyone can go but we need young players who have something to prove to replace them

So we get rid of a load of over paid has beens with another pile of.......over paid has beens.

I agree with a clear out , everyone can go but we need young players who have something to prove to replace them
Yeah just a different set of problems. At least we can't get docked points for having youth players who might not yet be prem quality though.

No one laughed at you saying we needed to get rid of 15.

We laughed because you think it's possible.

15 - 8 out of contract = 7 players
Maupay + Holgate should hopefully go to Brentford and Sheff Utd.

That takes us to 5 players.

Are you really so disbelieving that we could sell 5 players :eek:

Ok, we may not sell all of Doucoure, DCL, Beto, Keane and Godfrey but its not impossible to believe we would be able to move several of them on.

15 - 8 out of contract = 7 players
Maupay + Holgate should hopefully go to Brentford and Sheff Utd.

That takes us to 5 players.

Are you really so disbelieving that we could sell 5 players :eek:

Ok, we may not sell all of Doucoure, DCL, Beto, Keane and Godfrey but its not impossible to believe we would be able to move several of them on.

I’m sorry but do we have some rich history of being able to sell all of our deadwood? We’ve been trying to sell most of them for about 4-5 years. How are they suddenly now sellable assets?

I’m sorry but do we have some rich history of being able to sell all of our deadwood? We’ve been trying to sell most of them for about 4-5 years. How are they suddenly now sellable assets?

Just to add to my own point here. I went back 7 seasons and we’ve never sold more than 6 players (last season) with the average being 2-3 sales per season. Last season being the most because it included the likes of Simms and Cannon who let’s face it weren’t even first team players to sell.

Suddenly we’re going to sell 7 wank players are we? @Zatara

I didnt say we'd sell for much but I do think the below isnt impossible:

Holgate: Sheff Utd
Maupay: Brentford
Godfrey: Should be a taker
DCL: Should be a taker
Beto: European club
Doucoure: Saudi
Keane: Unsellable or perhaps a promoted side

The fact Thelwell got actual money for Iwobi & Gray is a positive.

But with 8 out of contract and adding on a few of the above 7 it may not be 15 but it shouldnt be too far off that.

The wages saved on the players overall would cover the cost of transfer fees & wages for several new signings.

I didnt say we'd sell for much but I do think the below isnt impossible:

Holgate: Sheff Utd
Maupay: Brentford
Godfrey: Should be a taker
DCL: Should be a taker
Beto: European club
Doucoure: Saudi
Keane: Unsellable or perhaps a promoted side

The fact Thelwell got actual money for Iwobi & Gray is a positive.

But with 8 out of contract and adding on a few of the above 7 it may not be 15 but it shouldnt be too far off that.

The wages saved on the players overall would cover the cost of transfer fees & wages for several new signings.

Well Iwobi and Gray were actually half decent players, with Gray going to Saudi anyway who were buying anyone. We’ve been trying to sell the likes of Keane and Holgate for years.