Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Well Iwobi and Gray were actually half decent players, with Gray going to Saudi anyway who were buying anyone. We’ve been trying to sell the likes of Keane and Holgate for years.

Would you say Gray is more effective than Doucoure? For me, no and i put Doucoure down for Saudi.

Iwobi was a £10mil player...did nothing but run around. £22mil for him gives me faith that others can be moved on.

Would you say Gray is more effective than Doucoure? For me, no and i put Doucoure down for Saudi.

Iwobi was a £10mil player...did nothing but run around. £22mil for him gives me faith that others can be moved on.
As you know I am critical of Onana . However I acknowledge that he is very highly regarded as top young midfield talent even though he looks crap for us.

Yesterday I had the privilege of practicing with an elite table tennis player ( ranked no.5 over 50 in England ) and it massively improved my game in just one session.

So I wonder if the reverse is true - that if you play with rubbish players and get instructions from a coach who hasn't got a clue and for whom you have no respect that it causes you to lower your standards and perhaps inadvertently play well below your ability?

Perhaps for the sake of their careers it would be a good for Branthwaite and Onana to move on ASAP ( which is likely to happen anyway).

Yes, considering we sold Gray when he was 27 and Doucoure is 31.

And where do you get faith from? You're asking to sell bad players, Iwobi wasn't a bad player.

If we had 7 Iwobi's then sure, maybe we could shift all of them but we don't.

As you know I am critical of Onana . However I acknowledge that he is very highly regarded as top young midfield talent even though he looks crap for us.

Yesterday I had the privilege of practicing with an elite table tennis player ( ranked no.5 over 50 in England ) and it massively improved my game in just one session.

So I wonder if the reverse is true - that if you play with rubbish players and get instructions from a coach who hasn't got a clue and for whom you have no respect that it causes you to lower your standards and perhaps inadvertently play well below your ability?

Perhaps for the sake of their careers it would be a good for Branthwaite and Onana to move on ASAP ( which is likely to happen anyway).

Thats how I see things when you see him for Belgium its a different story.

Likewise, if that table tennis player took a year off and only played with you then i suspect his level would drop.

In his role as well it can be a bit of a hybrid for us. I think thats because our midfield is disjointed with Doucoure advanced. Another CM alongside Garner and Onana behind would look better i think.

I expect his fee to be high once he is showcased further in the euros.

My belief though is that Evertonians are familiar and happy with a traditional number 9 just as much as having 'active' midfielders...Onana is an anchor all day long reading the game and sticking to a zone.

Its why he is so much better than Gana for example in the DM role.

I think if were able to use funds from players we sell then the fee needs to be high.

He and Doucoure being sold would need to be replaced with 4 players (3 midfield positions and only Garner there). Then we also need a RW starter.

Hopefully Bayern come in strong and Qatar splurge a bit for Doucoure.

Yes, considering we sold Gray when he was 27 and Doucoure is 31.

And where do you get faith from? You're asking to sell bad players, Iwobi wasn't a bad player.

If we had 7 Iwobi's then sure, maybe we could shift all of them but we don't.

The age difference doesnt make Gray more effective?

I'm talking about them being sellable assets. I don't care who scored more for relegation battling Everton.

And just checking stats, Doucoure scored like 1 goal more than Gray, wooooo.

That wasnt what i asked. Also you should check the various stats like when he doesnt play what the results are...compare that with Gray.

I think Doucoure could be sold quite easily.

That wasnt what i asked. Also you should check the various stats like when he doesnt play what the results are...compare that with Gray.

I think Doucoure could be sold quite easily.

I never said he couldn't be sold and I hope he is sold.

Again, back to the original point, you think we'll sell 7 players, we haven't ever before under Moshiri, and that is why no one else but you thinks we'll do it this Summer.

muppets-statler-and-waldorf.gif