Summer 2024 transfer thread.

It’s more about the finances really but yes dyche having managed him before obviously means he’s mentioned more nobody wants us to sign brownhill but all the signs are that we will be trying to fill the squad with cheap options and he is an obvious one.
Free’s aren’t always cheap options. 3/4 yr deal at 28. He’s on over 40k a week at Burnley, May won’t more as he’s a free and will want a signing on fee. The whole deal could Cost us 15mil. Is that worth it for a squad filler. I think these are only deals we should look at for players who walk into the team IE. Barkley.

For a squad filler would rather pay 20mil for a young midfielder with potential on a 5yr deal lower wages, sell on value etc

Free’s aren’t always cheap options. 3/4 yr deal at 28. He’s on over 40k a week at Burnley, May won’t more as he’s a free and will want a signing on fee. The whole deal could Cost us 15mil. Is that worth it for a squad filler. I think these are only deals we should look at for players who walk into the team IE. Barkley.

For a squad filler would rather pay 20mil for a young midfielder with potential on a 5yr deal lower wages, sell on value etc
Like I said all the signs are that they can’t do that because they have major cash flow problems have you been paying attention our finances are an absolute mess. We’re potentially losing 6 players from the first team squad without getting a penny for them and then almost certain to lose at least 2 others for money so we’re probably looking to bring in 8 to 10 players with whatever money we’ve got there will be free transfers and loans in there no doubt that’s what we’ve been doing for 3 years and things are worse now so it won’t be stopping.

Like I said all the signs are that they can’t do that because they have major cash flow problems have you been paying attention our finances are an absolute mess. We’re potentially losing 6 players from the first team squad without getting a penny for them and then almost certain to lose at least 2 others for money so we’re probably looking to bring in 8 to 10 players with whatever money we’ve got there will be free transfers and loans in there no doubt that’s what we’ve been doing for 3 years and things are worse now so it won’t be stopping.

Poppycock that we need 8-10 players.

There are 8 players out of contract. If they all go they dont all need replacing.

There are also 7 others who should be sold (whether we can is another matter) who also dont all need replacing.

The squad is bloated in certain areas and light in others...shifting for example 3 defenders wont mean we need anyone 'new'. On the other hand there are no right wingers unless Mills takes a space there.

We will be but with 8 players out of contract in the summer and a threadbare squad we will have to bring in players. No idea how but we'll have to do something.

If we 'lose' the 8 we still have about 20 players in the first team squad. I wouldnt say its threadbare.