Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Imagine against the backdrop of all these headlines trying to persuade Ndidi to join on a free or DCL to renew his contract. A simply impossible job.
I was thinking the same thing, unless that Paul Brown is right and something surprising is about to happen regarding the ownership, nothing will be happening for the foreseeable future.

I was thinking the same thing, unless that Paul Brown is right and something surprising is about to happen regarding the ownership, nothing will be happening for the foreseeable future.
I know his performance hasn’t been flawless but I feel so sorry for Thelwell. Doing the right thing, trying to get a deal for Ndidi wrapped up for next season…. But any agent would be irresponsible to tell their client to sign a contract with us against the current backdrop.

The only consolation I guess is that matters appear to be coming to a head.

I know his performance hasn’t been flawless but I feel so sorry for Thelwell. Doing the right thing, trying to get a deal for Ndidi wrapped up for next season…. But any agent would be irresponsible to tell their client to sign a contract with us against the current backdrop.

Yeah, something will have to happen in the next few days (maybe a couple of weeks) if 777 do go under. What that something is may be unpalatable, of course.

As an agent you get him to sign the deal, take the signing on fee, and ensure there is an escape clause for a minimal fee in the event we go down. Worst case scenario is another signing on fee after a cheap transfer.

Funny to look at lists like these of players that are objectively unwanted at their clubs because the vast majority are either just finished or terrible and simultaneously thinking “ah they’d be great for us, shame they wouldn’t even come on a free though”.

I’d definitely expect us to be looking at every player released by a PL level side or players probably <30 around Europe that you’d be able to make small profits on. Moneyball approach in a way but it’s the only choice we have.