Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Is it not 20 / 25% of the profit as opposed to the fee? Could make a loss on a sale if not!

Yes, I would assume that has to be the case. Would be nonsense to do it based purely on the sale price at those high prices, no sane team would agree to those transfers.

A bit different than when you buy a young player for 2m from a much smaller club, and years later they sell for 30m.

Ive always thought it would be on the profit.

Otherwise the deal would make no sense.

On that, any sale below £75mil makes no sense to me.

Unfortunately we are walking around with our bits all hanging out, so other team know we will have to accept a pair of pants for anyone we are selling.

We should be in a position to demand vvd, maguire prices
If, for example, we needed 70m to stave off administration, and we're only offered 50m does it really makes sense to sell for 50m? We're doomed either way. Might as well hard bargain for 70m.

Whatever the outcome, it doesn't look great for us.

Hopefully Onana's sale will be enough for us to comply with PSR. If we can get 2 more season's out of Branthwaite, we'll get a lot more for him! We'd be fools to sell now.
It's no longer just PSR. We can't afford the day to day bills and are racking up more and more debt to cover them.

Any club with half a brain will sell a 30yr old and keep the 21yr old. And save probably 4/5mil in wages into the bargain. Stones put in a transfer request and we didn’t sell him.

More than mguire and more than forfana who both went for 80 I think

Nah £75m is good money for Branthwaite, CB just don't go for the big bucks mate. Another thing with him, against a few of the top 6, he has looked a bit ropey at times, Palmer absolutely schooled him a few weeks back and he didn't do anything when he played against Haaland either. For Jarrod to be commanding the really BIG money he needs to have these guys in his back pocket like he does with most other opponents.

Sorry mate that’s nonsense, stones was making mistakes and more than Branthwaite, also wasn’t Maguire or Forfana making mistakes. All CB make mistakes and cost their teams goals, I’m sure maldini and Baresi did. He’s 21 and will get better and better, has palmer and Haaland missed chances this season? Someone is potentially getting a 21yr old for 14yrs plus.
He’s not perfect and he shouldn’t be at 21, where was VVD at 21. I’m not saying he’s worth 75, but I’m going off what Maguire and Forfana went for and what Chelsea paid for caicedo, we need to hope 3/4 teams come in for him so the price will go up and up

All players make mistakes but £75m is a good offer for him, nobody is going to more for him, they will go and get Silva (Benfica) or Scalvini (Atalanta) who will cost less, are the same age, and in Scalvini's case are better. I'm not having a go, I think we should sell everyone else and try and find a way of building around him, but some of the valuations on here are crazy.

Fair enough, but I’ve also heard this before that These players from the Italian leagues and other league’s, weaker than the prem, that they are better. I think Branthwaite has a huge ceiling

I moved this in case of going off topic in the Pickford thread...

Maguire moved for £80mil in 2019
Fofana moved for £75mil on 2022

Fees will have only increased since then. With Branthwaite he was younger than Maguire when he moved & has the English premium added compared with Fofana.

Whats the premium on top worth for age and nationality? 20% ? That takes his value to £90-100mil.

Then factor in that those transfers were 2 & 5 years ago. So the value now must be £100mil+.

Scalvini & Silva are both 20 years old and are world class at that age. However, need to factor in home sickness and all sorts of other things which you wouldnt with Branthwaite.

If the club sold Branthwaite, Onana and Pickford then what is the purpose of the new stadium? Who wants to pay a ticket without any attraction? What about sponsors, those fees are reduced also.

Once the stadium is built (December?) then its a long term asset we hold and all of the loans can be refinanced elsewhere at a low fee in comparison with the massive interest payments.

Sad to say but the players to be moved on for fees this summer are;

Doucoure £10mil
Maupay £10mil
DCL £25-30mil
Beto £15-20mil
Pickford £40mil
Onana £65mil
Keane £5mil

Thats around £180mil.

We'd need:

GK
RB
CM × 2
RW
LW
CF

Fees will have only increased since then. With Branthwaite he was younger than Maguire when he moved & has the English premium added compared with Fofana.

Whats the premium on top worth for age and nationality? 20% ? That takes his value to £90-100mil.

Then factor in that those transfers were 2 & 5 years ago. So the value now must be £100mil+.

Scalvini & Silva are both 20 years old and are world class at that age. However, need to factor in home sickness and all sorts of other things which you wouldnt with Branthwaite.

If the club sold Branthwaite, Onana and Pickford then what is the purpose of the new stadium? Who wants to pay a ticket without any attraction? What about sponsors, those fees are reduced also.

Once the stadium is built (December?) then its a long term asset we hold and all of the loans can be refinanced elsewhere at a low fee in comparison with the massive interest payments.

Doucoure £10mil
Maupay £10mil
DCL £25-30mil
Beto £15-20mil
Pickford £40mil
Onana £65mil
Keane £5mil

Thats around £180mil.

We'd need:

GK
RB
CM × 2
RW
LW
CF
The player values grew with unchecked spending. There is a fear to breach now that the PL has made a scapegoat of us. That fear may cool the market.

That is at least the theory.

I hope he isn’t sold and I hope they if he is sold you’re right in your valuation. But I am pessimistic.

The player values grew with unchecked spending. There is a fear to breach now that the PL has made a scapegoat of us. That fear may cool the market.

That is at least the theory.

I hope he isn’t sold and I hope they if he is sold you’re right in your valuation. But I am pessimistic.

This may well be the case. However, looking at Onana as an example there are links to Bayern and Barcelona.

It may be that we sell him for e.g £50mil but they add one or two players to come our way.

No matter what, were a premier league side and players not in the first 11 at either club may want to be regulars in the premier league.

Theres still opportunity for us, not least if Madrid make a huge bid for Branthwaite.

We are all in the dark.

I may be wrong, but I’m not convinced on Szmodics as a prem player, think he’d be too lightweight.
I remember Bristol City signing him in 2019 from Colchester in league 2, and he barely got on the field as he just wasn’t up to the level required, and was sold a year later.
His stats have been good since then, but whether he’s prem quality I’m not sure.
Stinks of Matej Vydra. Wasnt any great player, but iirc he was useful for Dyche's Burnley.

Hopefully Onana's sale will be enough for us to comply with PSR. If we can get 2 more season's out of Branthwaite, we'll get a lot more for him! We'd be fools to sell now.
We probably wouldn't get more for him in 2 years unless he'd become England captain or we'd started playing in Europe or played a different style of football. Everyone knows what he is by now 2 more years of playing for us in the bottom half isn't going to make him more valuable. Part of the appeal of him is his age if he's 24 he's less easy to mould into what you want and there will be the new version of him somewhere else. I don't mean his value will go down but it won't go up just because he's played more.

Stinks of Matej Vydra. Wasnt any great player, but iirc he was useful for Dyche's Burnley.
I seen him play for POSH fairly often. He wasn't a CF there, more a ten. He's tiny too by the way, smaller than Maupay. Now I know size doesn't matter (Messi/Xavi etc) but I think he'd get bullied in Prem. Had a great season with Rovers no doubt, massive step up - however sure we thought same about Cahill.

My dad's a Blackburn fan so watched a lot of Smzodics this season. He's had an incredible season for a struggling club but this is his most productive season at 28. Not convinced he'd make the step up. Can see him moving to a top 6 championship side or one of the relegated teams from the PL. He may be fairly cheap though as Blackburn have massive financial problems and could drop to League one on Saturday.

My dad's a Blackburn fan so watched a lot of Smzodics this season. He's had an incredible season for a struggling club but this is his most productive season at 28. Not convinced he'd make the step up. Can see him moving to a top 6 championship side or one of the relegated teams from the PL. He may be fairly cheap though as Blackburn have massive financial problems and could drop to League one on Saturday.

He reminds me a bit of Steven Naismith or Steven Fletcher he's that type of player that sits in pockets behind a striker and gets his laces through it.

From what ive seen hes a player who takes it on and is a high % shot taker, invariability given probability he will score a few, but thats based more on frequency in my opinion. The difficulty for him is his first touch isnt great and he wont get the time he needs in the premier league to get a shot away, also a better standard of keeper as well, his shots tend to be outside or at the far edge on the box in a pocket. Hes well game mind and direct and our manager likes that.

Im open minded on anyone though, if it bring increased threat and some goals or add another dimension - im realistic enough to know we have to cut our cloth.

If Onana goes, the Duke might drop back to 8, so someone like Samy may be a live option - in the past we've had links with Nidye in that role - while Barkley is much mooted.

Doucoure £10mil
Maupay £10mil
DCL £25-30mil
Beto £15-20mil
Pickford £40mil
Onana £65mil
Keane £5mil

Thats around £180mil.

We'd need:

GK
RB
CM × 2
RW
LW
CF
@MikeH72

I seen him play for POSH fairly often. He wasn't a CF there, more a ten. He's tiny too by the way, smaller than Maupay. Now I know size doesn't matter (Messi/Xavi etc) but I think he'd get bullied in Prem. Had a great season with Rovers no doubt, massive step up - however sure we thought same about Cahill.
What do you think of Harrison Burrows as a possible backup to Mykolenko?